ARI PD Lab Senior Associate Scientist
Process Development Senior Associate Scientist
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for development, characterization, scale-up and support of drug substance processes to enable commercial advancement of programs through marketing application.
Amgen is seeking a Process Development Senior Associate Scientist to join the Commercial Drug Substance Technologies (DST) organization in West Greenwich, RI. Work in a coordinated group in which cell culture and purification scientists work together to advance Amgens commercial manufacturing capabilities through industry leading innovation. You will develop, characterize and support the commercialization of biologics drug substance manufacturing process to ensure Amgens promise of every patient, every time.Responsibilities:
- Apply established platform approaches and problem-solving skills to rapidly tackle drug substance challenges and build robust processes with efficient experimentation
- Drive innovation and utilize out-of-the-box thinking to contribute to technology development
- Expand and develop skills in cell culture and purification, thereby further contributing to the integrated group
- Participate in drug substance teams and collaborate cross functionally with analytical and drug product representatives to deliver drug substance manufacturing processes in a phase appropriate manner.
- Deliver process amenable to cGMP operation and carry out results of drug substance in a cGMP manufacturing environment
- Author, or provide direction for the authorship of, technical report or CMC regulatory submissions which may require minimal additional editing
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The collaborative professional we seek is a dynamic thought leader with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 3 years of scientific or operations experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of scientific or operations experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Masters degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Biomedical engineering, or Bioprocessing discipline or relevant experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry
- Experience in cell culture and/or purification process development
- Scientific understanding of current bioreactor and purification technologies, as well as the ability to explore and develop new approaches to further advance innovation
- Understanding of protein characteristics and critical attributes to direct cell culture and/or development and product/process control strategies
- Independently uncovering and resolving issues associated with cell culture, harvest and purification and implementation of scientific projects
- Strong technical communication skills, both written and verbal, to interact effectively and appropriately with all stakeholders and document learned information, improvements, and value generated
- Motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on complex and challenging objectives in defined timelines
- Demonstrated eminence in the scientific community through a sustained record of peer reviewed publications
- Demonstrated success working with diverse team members in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Familiarity with design of experiments and statistical analysis of data
- Knowledge of license application and the drug development process
- Exposure to cGMP manufacturing and CMC components of regulatory submissions
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its biologics manufacturing expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
For more information, visitwww.amgen.comand follow us onwww.twitter.com/amgen
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.