Sales Force Effectiveness Manager
Santen is a specialized pharmaceutical company with a 130-year heritage focused exclusively on ophthalmology. With sales in over 60 countries, Santen’s 4,000 global employees work to deliver life-changing therapies that make hope a reality for people facing vision impairment and loss. Santen Inc., located in Emeryville, CA (North America HQ), contributes important research & development and commercialization efforts. This office is home to about half of our 350-total staff in North America, including our Toronto, Canada site and our recent acquisitions of Eyevance Pharmaceuticals (Fort Worth, TX) and InnFocus (Miami, FL).
The Manager Sales Force Effectiveness (SFE), Digital & Business Analyst is responsible for developing, implementing and maintain sales force effectiveness solutions to drive sales effectiveness and commercial impact in the US. The primary focus will be driving segmentation and targeting, IC planning and management, samples management and analysis, sales force sizing, input to CRM development, sales reporting and analytics, while significantly contributing to the development and execution of digital and marketing automation including multi-channel selling and marketing activities.
The Manager Sales Force Effectiveness, Digital & Business Analyst will work closely with other functions and business leaders on business processes including but not limited, to launch excellence, brand planning and commercial systems implementation.
This position will report to the Director of Commercial Operations and interact with cross functional teams.
- Drive segmentation and targeting to develop a methodology and ensure optimal implementation
- Set and monitor key performance indicators on sales force excellence Work closely with Marketing, acting as a SME on multi-channel and digital HCP engagement
- Lead advanced reporting and analysis to support insights for field force planning activities and sales responsiveness
- Provide strategic market assessment to support business leaders decision-making including insight on sales development, market and competitor landscapes
- Territory alignment and sales for sizing analysis
- Develop and build reporting capabilities to include executive and sales dashboards
- Manage implementation and expansion of Dashboard capabilities in Power BI
- Support business efforts to improve business processes and drive profitability by developing insightful analytics and reports, especially in areas of sales/customer development and marketing effectiveness
- Develop and deliver reports on specific KPI's
- Work with various functional leaders to implement process improvement and efficiency gains
- Bachelor’s Degree required 5+ years of related experience Experience within pharmaceutical or medical is strongly preferredStrong understanding of CRM systems (OCE Personal preferred) and how to leverage the CRM in advancing SFE.
- Multi-channel marketing / marketing automation (OCE Digital preferred) knowledge and HTML development experience an advantage
- Skills in SQL, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Experience in building reports in Power BI
- Experience providing solid and successful business recommendations-based data analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of analyzing data from CRM systems
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Quickly grasp new concepts when faced with unfamiliar tasks
- Interacts at multiple levels inside and outside the company
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Santen requires anyone working on-site or visiting company offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Santen.
For more information about our company and the work experience, please visit www.santenusa.com.