Associate Director, Viral Vector Group
Adicet Bio, Inc is a clinical stage biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer. We are advancing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric antigen receptors (CAR) and T cell receptor-like antibodies (TCRL), to enhance selective tumor targeting, facilitate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response, and improve persistence for durable activity in patients. Our approach to activate, engineer and manufacture allogeneic gamma delta T cell product candidates derived from the peripheral blood cells of unrelated donors allows us to generate new product candidates in a rapid and cost-efficient manner. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.adicetbio.com.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, VIRAL VECTOR GROUP
Adicet Bio is developing a next generation manufacturing process to advance our platform of “off-the-shelf” immune cell products. We are currently seeking individuals for our viral vector group as we advance our production platforms. The position offers a chance to be part of a highly motivated team, applying the latest cell culture and bioprocessing practices to facilitate development of our proprietary cell therapies.
We are currently seeking an energetic and experienced individual with a strong background in viral vector process development to lead our Viral Vector team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the advancement of Adicet’s platform by coordinating development, characterization, and optimization of viral vector production procedures designed to support both research and manufacturing pipelines. The individual will also be responsible for oversight of work conducted by external partners.
The individual will serve as a group leader reporting to the Vice President of Vector Development and Quality Control. Coordinating a team of scientists, the successful candidate will guide vector development for existing and future Adicet programs. This person will also work with other Technical Operations teams and external groups to align on goals, set and meet project timelines, and deliver a consistent and robust viral vector product.
- Coordinate and oversee operations and developmental programs of Viral Vector scientific staff.
- Source and assess new equipment and technologies in order to expand and improve vector production capabilities.
- Coordinate with Analytical Development and Quality Control teams for design and implementation of assays intended to characterize viral vector products and process intermediates.
- Oversee progress of programs executed by external CDMOs to ensure that timelines and deliverables are met.
- Serve as an SME for viral vector applications and data interpretation when communicating with internal and external groups.
- Interaction with internal and external manufacturing teams to source raw materials, coordinate supplies for campaigns, evaluate suppliers, and investigate deviations.
- Take part in drafting and review of study reports, SOPs, batch records, and regulatory filings.
- Work with Quality Assurance to meet quality goals for all viral vector materials.
- Drafting of budget and goal planning for the Viral Vector group.
- Advanced degree with a background in biology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry, cell & molecular biology, or related life science field is required. Doctoral degree or master’s degree with 4+ years or 8+ years post-graduate experience, respectively.
- Considerable direct experience with viral vector production applications and program development within the past 5 years is required.
- Experience in working in a level BSL-2 environment or higher is required.
- Familiarity with factorial experimental design and DOE software (JMP, Design-Expert, etc.) is desired.
- Experience with retroviral transgene design and optimization would be useful.
- Previous experience conducting technology transfers to external CMOs or adapting client-derived processes as a part of a CMO is expected.
- Experience with operations in a GMP-compliant manufacturing environment is strongly desired.
- Qualified candidates should be detail-oriented with an ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to mentor individuals to achieve organization, team, and individual objectives while adhering to the company values (fearless, accountable, collaborative).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and other commonly used software and technology programs.
Adicet Bio requires all workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including the booster dose.
Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment.
Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.