We are currently searching for an Administrative Technician to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and it is onsite in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide program assistance by acting as a liaison and an effective communicator/facilitator between the Administrative Staff, Principal Investigators, and various departments at all program locations.
- Assist with tracking current contracts spending and providing spending projections.
- Participate in planning sessions, contribute management-oriented expertise in discussions of innovative ways and means of carrying out assigned programs, new programs, etc., and provide expert advice on the administrative and management implications of policy and program proposals.
- Provide administrative, contract, budget, procurement, branch operating procedures and oversees delegations of authority for use within the laboratory to obtain products and services in a timely manner.
- Assist the Administrative Officer with all transactions making sure they are charged to a Common Accounting Number (CAN).
- Work closely with the AO at the end of the FY cross-referencing AMBIS requisitions.
- Receive and track invoices and coordinate interaction with finance group to ensure proper allocation of charges.
- Work with the administrative staff to develop and implement SOP’s.
- Keep the lab chief informed regarding various ethics training and maintains ethics forms for lab staff including financial disclosures and outside activities.
- Assist with making sure there’s adequate office supplies and maintenance and file documents for the procurement of laboratory equipment, supplies, and services.
- Serve as the timekeeper for all program staff.
- Handle travel requirements, domestic and international, sponsored and non-sponsored and remain current on travel policy.
- Superuser of Technology Accessioning System (TAS).
- Manage seminar series: handle all logistics, plan, advertise, and execute.
- Master’s Degree in related field is required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working directly in administrative management and/or program operations preferred.
- Prior experience managing program budgets, contracts and procurement, immensely useful.
- Experience working with financial disclosures; tracking invoicing and transactions.
- Must be comfortable engaging with other team members and be well-equipped to participate in discussions regarding the implementations of program policies and procedures.
- Effective communication skills are a MUST.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.