Sr. Manager, Learning & Development
The purpose of Idorsia is to discover, develop and bring more, innovative medicines to patients. We have more ideas; we see more opportunities and we want to help more patients. In order to achieve this, we will develop Idorsia into a leading biopharmaceutical company, with a strong scientific core.
Headquartered near Basel, Switzerland, the US Commercial Operations & Clinical Development teams are based near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Idorsia is committed to meet the changing needs of healthcare professionals, patients and their families. The core of what we do is to bring creative solutions to the market based on our science and data.
The Sr. Manager, Learning & Development, as part of the US Human Resources, Talent Development team, will be responsible for developing & executing Idorsia’s US Talent Development program and establish a value added partnership with US Leadership. The L&D Sr. Manager will partner with stakeholders to determine learning needs and priorities and provide appropriate development opportunities to meet those needs.
In partnership with global Idorsia Talent Development team members, this role will act as the expert in the development and delivery of training impacting the US employee base. Job incumbent will identify and partner with external vendors to develop and deliver training solutions, thus creating trusted partners that know and understand Idorsia’s key behaviors and capabilities.
The successful candidates for this role will live within commutable driving distance to Radnor, PA. This role is a hybrid work from home/office as required based on training events and meetings. This role is part of the Human Resources organization, not a sales training role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In coordination with global learning & development, create US training structure, curricula, and assignments to ensure relevant and effective training is provided when it is needed.
- Collaborate and guide people leaders, including US Senior Leadership, to evaluate training & development needs and develop and deliver new training materials including instructor lead and virtual training.
- Partner with global talent development to influence US perspectives in global training initiatives
- Provide guidance to all US people leaders on development plans
- Gather and report training metrics and identify and deploy improvements to improve training effectiveness and compliance.
- Identify and partner with external training vendors to provide functional, behavioral and compliance training.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree field in Human Resources field preferred.
- 5 or more years’ experience in talent development or a Learning/Training role required.
- Experience developing training strategy and executing on that strategy required.
- Experience in an FDA regulated organization highly preferred.
- Knowledge of commercial marketing, sales, medical affairs & market access subject matter preferred
- Expert experience with PowerPoint in the development of training slide decks
- Firsthand experience delivering effective and credible training programs; strong presentation skills
At Idorsia, we harness the power of difference, authenticity and inclusion to achieve business success. We are committed to fostering respect, fairness and equal opportunities for all job applicants and all our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
Please be informed that if you are selected for this position, your employment will be subject to a pre-employment background screening process, of which you will be informed in greater detail in due course.
Idorsia operates a strictly controlled list of preferred recruitment partners. For those partners who have no valid, signed Master Service Agreement in place with Idorsia, please note that all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or any other candidate details submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals (including any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or related companies) are considered the property of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals and are not subject to payment of any form of introduction, placement or referral fees.