Accounts Payable Specialist
The purpose of Idorsia is to discover, develop and bring more, innovative medicines to patients. We have more ideas; we see more opportunities and we want to help more patients. In order to achieve this, we will develop Idorsia into a leading biopharmaceutical company, with a strong scientific core.
Headquartered near Basel, Switzerland, the US Commercial Operations & Clinical Development teams are based near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Idorsia is committed to meet the changing needs of healthcare professionals, patients and their families. The core of what we do is to bring creative solutions to the market based on our science and data.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is primarily responsible for the preparation and management of the vendor payables and travel expenses. The Accounts Payable Specialist will also look to current state processes and evolve them to accommodate the growing organization and a best practice end-user experience. The Accounts Payable Specialist will work closely with the business to provide direct support in managing the vendor relationships. The key focus for the Specialist will be to efficiently and effectively process timely payments following all of the controls and procedures of the position and will process all vendor invoices including benefits, rents/Common Area Maintenance (CAM), and other miscellaneous monthly services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working as a single source of AP for the US Affiliates, including communication with internal (e.g., Marketing, Medical Affairs) and external (e.g., vendor) business stakeholders, efficiently & effectively managing payment processes including benefits, rents/CAM and monthly services
- Problem solving and troubleshooting to ensure accuracy and error avoidance that would financially impact the organization
- Ensure the appropriate and adequate internal controls are in place in accordance with COSO2013 and company procedures as it relates to accounts payable and travel expenses
- Managing the AP payment cycle with stakeholders for timeliness
- Design and implement process Improvement & controls in coordination with global framework
- Review and process expense reports in Concur and provide user support as needed
- Conduct payment run of vendor invoices, expense report reimbursements & credit card payments (ACH and wires). This responsibility requires the expertise to ensure reimbursements are accurate, employees follow company policies and adjustments are made as required
- Book monthly payment entries as needed in SAP
- Liaison with internal business areas on the month-end accrual process
- Provide information and support for internal and external audit purposes
- Assist with the corporate credit card process
- Maintain vendor W-9 and ACH payment authorization files
- Process Year End 1099’s and quarterly use tax reporting
- Minimum High School diploma and 8 years of Accounts Payable experience required, or, 6 years of Accounts Payable experience with a college degree
- Pharmaceutical industry experience strongly preferred
- Experience with an ERP system required; SAP 4/HANA highly preferred
- Purchase Order review & processing experience with COUPA or equivalent PO system
- Concur or similar T&E reporting experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and business partnering skills.
- Demonstrates the ability and motivation to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Proven analytical, critical thinking and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth-oriented environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Solid attention to detail and ability to develop technical accounting skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and in a team environment
At Idorsia, we harness the power of difference, authenticity and inclusion to achieve business success. We are committed to fostering respect, fairness and equal opportunities for all job applicants and all our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
Please be informed that if you are selected for this position, your employment will be subject to a pre-employment background screening process, of which you will be informed in greater detail in due course.
Idorsia operates a strictly controlled list of preferred recruitment partners. For those partners who have no valid, signed Master Service Agreement in place with Idorsia, please note that all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or any other candidate details submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals (including any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or related companies) are considered the property of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals and are not subject to payment of any form of introduction, placement or referral fees.