Technician I, Calibration and Maintenance
Imagine… 2 weeks after the birth of your child you realize they aren't meeting critical developmental milestones and after months of doctor's appointments you are told your baby has a rare neurological disease that would impact how they would live their lives.
This is the reality of parents whose children have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and it's the reason why we at Novartis Gene Therapy are laser focused on bringing hope and possibility to those devastated by rare genetic diseases.
We use cutting-edge technology to turn promising gene therapies into proven treatments. Imagine the lives you could transform by joining the Novartis Gene Therapy team.
The Technician I, Calibration and Maintenance, works with a team of technicians to maintain multiple instruments across the facility, including support of utility, process, and lab operations. The team is responsible for the service, calibration, and documentation of various systems.
- Performs routine Calibration and maintenance on multiple systems including pH probes, pipettes, RTD's, transmitters, refrigerators, freezers, incubators, scales, and other miscellaneous benchtop instruments.
- Installs, calibrates, and troubleshoots instrumentation for QC and manufacturing applications.
- Documents all maintenance and calibration activities in CMMS.
- Works closely with facility and lab personnel to ensure collaborative and timely completion of scheduled and on demand maintenance activities.
- Assists with identification, purchase, and organization of spare parts.
- Interacts with key stakeholders including scientists, engineers and administration staff regarding equipment repair, maintenance and calibration.
- Provides responsive customer support with emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Provides vendor support for all lab and manufacturing equipment.
- Primary contact for all instrument calibration and PM service, including collection, OOT reporting, return to service and vendor communication.
- Partners with Quality for all cGMP equipment corrective maintenance and OOT investigations and documentation.
- Take ownership of assigned work orders in CMMS. Ensuring parts are available through closure of work orders.
- Interacts with 3rd party calibration services provider and/or vendor equipment suppliers for scheduling and coordinating off-site calibrations
- Assist with start-up of laboratory equipment which may include validation support.
- Collaborates with planner/scheduler on bi-weekly scheduling meetings to support the scheduled PM and calibration activities.
- Routine monitoring of systems, facilities and equipment.
- Stands in for maintenance and/or building services technicians as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree/Technical School training in Instrumentation and Automation Technology or relevant related field or 2 years' experience performing maintenance on laboratory equipment in lieu of degree.
- Proficient computer skills utilizing MS Office suite applications.
- Ability to analyze, investigate and solve equipment technical issues.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Novartis Gene Therapies Benefit Summary:
Annual bonus, long term incentive, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements (based on role) and an employee recognition program are available for this position, among many other benefits provided to employees of Novartis Gene Therapies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Need help finding the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.