Account Consultant, Eye Care Surgical - San Francisco, CA
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.Position Overview:
This position reports to the Regional Sales Manager and is responsible for delivering surgical training, driving rapid adoption and increasing surgical sales volume of Allergan surgical products, expanding the target surgeon base, and delivering exceptional customer service levels coordinating higher level clinical support if needed to maximize customer satisfaction and willingness to recommend developing and maintaining top-targeted customer and KOL relationships executing on sales target, surgical mix and market share objectives
Territory Sales Performance
- Responsible for achievement of quarterly and annual territory sales objectives as established by management through alignment with US Sales and Marketing plans.
- Increasing sales volume of Allergan Surgical products through compliant promotion and effective account management.
Deliver Physician Training and execute the Rapid Adoption Plan
- Clinical - Physician Training
- Personally coach surgeons through a novel surgical procedure they have never performed, and likely have never seen performed
- Calmly and competently guide surgeons through the immediate management of a range of possible intraoperative complications, communicating in a confidence-inspiring way that does not alarm, but rather reassures an awake, alert and likely anxious patient
- Guide surgeons through the postoperative management of a novel procedure for both routine and complex cases.
- Monitor and ensure swift progression of surgeons through training process, assess surgical competencies, make mutually agreed determinations as to when the surgeon is deemed “trained” and maintain required documentation of training and competencies.
- Deliver follow up training if required and/or coordinate additional support with higher levels of clinical expertise as needed and ensure timely response to customer requests for additional clinical support and guidance.
- Provide post-training reinforcement of appropriate device positioning in the glaucoma treatment paradigm to optimize adoption, practice integration, drive surgical volume and desired mix v other devices.
- Maintain necessary accreditations, certifications and qualifications to enter OR.
- Receive field input from physicians and integrate back into the surgical training programs to ensure continual improvement
- Commercial - Rapid Adoption Planning
- Identify, qualify and visit potential surgical customers in territory to build relationships and promote the features and benefits of Allergan surgical products.
- Develop and execute a detailed practice level plan for physician/staff training and rapid adoption to meet/exceed Glaucoma Surgery revenue and market share objectives.
- Exceed targets for completed trainings, physician certification and adoption.
- Drive outcomes and thereby rapid adoption by providing re-training or ongoing commercial support as needed to customers (or appropriately escalating).
- Maximize volume and mix and thereby drive sales of Allergan surgical products.
- Maximize ‘Willingness to Recommend’ and peer to peer advocacy.
Customer and KOL Relations:
- Manage key opinion leaders and top target customer relationships directly.
- Expands customer & KOL base to broaden adoption of Allergan products and technology.
- Execute tactics to drive growth and influence through these key customers.
- Stay abreast of effective Clinic, ASC, Hospital Surgery models.
- Understand glaucoma market dynamics, latest clinical practice, reimbursement trends and key business drivers, and partner with marketing team to provide input into plans and execute on directives in a compliant manner.
- Continually seek out and share competitive intelligence with surgical team.