Senior Scientist/Engineer, Laboratory Automation and Screening
AbbVie Immunology is dedicated to identifying break-through therapies for inflammatory and autoimmune diseases that will have a remarkable impact on patients’ lives. The Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology group works within drug discovery teams to validate target biology, establish druggability, and to build and implement disease-relevant assays early in the process of candidate molecule characterization.
We are seeking a scientist or engineer experienced at applying laboratory automation to sample management and biological screening. The individual will design and implement methods and solutions to improve the quality and capacity of drug candidate screening and will develop novel screening approaches. The incumbent will be a technical leader within our organization and will coordinate solutions and best practices within the broader AbbVie screening and sample management community.
- Anticipate unmet technical & scientific needs, build sophisticated strategies, and implement robust solutions to meet them
- Design and implement lab automation and lab information management solutions
- Develop and miniaturize enzymatic, receptor, and cellular function assays across multiple assay formats
- Collaborate within global teams on the continuous improvement of AbbVie’s sample management and lab informatics infrastructure
- Inspire the technical contributions and professional development of direct reports