Senior Scientist I, CMC Purification Development
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world's most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
AbbVie is expanding its oncology hub on the West Coast, with AbbVie Bay Area (ABA) in South San Francisco focused on the discovery and development of novel oncology therapies. More than 1,000 AbbVie scientists, clinicians, and product developers with strong entrepreneurial roots work at ABA. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. This position is based at AbbVie in the South San Francisco site.
We are seeking a senior scientist to join a talented team developing purification/downstream processes for biologics GMP applications. In this position the candidate will perform purification development, scale-up, viral clearance and technology transfer activities in a well-supported and dynamic environment to help advance novel cancer therapies to human clinical studies.
- Innovate, develop, optimize, and scale-up purification processes
- Conceive and evaluate novel advanced separation technologies and techniques
- Proactively seek out new information in the literature and incorporate this into individual project(s) as well as the overall program
- Transfer processes to GMP manufacturing for clinical material production
- Work with contract labs and carry out viral clearance studies
- Write technical publications, reports, presentations, and regulatory filings including publishing research in peer-reviewed journals and presenting work at scientific conferences
- Work efficiently, collaboratively, and cross-functionally toward project timelines and goals
- Participate on cross-functional project teams
- Mentor, supervise and train junior scientists; may be accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals