Senior Scientist I, Process Chemistry
Process Research and Development is responsible for inventing and executing the chemical processes and preparing active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) to enable clinical trials, toxicology studies and drug product development for Abbvie’s pre-clinical and clinical candidates. We create valuable intellectual property through composition of matter, chemical processes, and technology resulting in a cost effective commercial manufacturing process. We develop the supply chain for APIs, prepare and defend CMC (Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control) regulatory content.
We seek a highly motivated scientist, with a proven track record of accomplishment in the field of organic synthesis to work in a multi-functional team environment.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing and executing synthetic organic chemistry that provides practical access to potential therapies, which may include small molecules and/or antibody drug conjugates.
- The position involves multi-disciplinary interactions with organic chemists, analytical chemists, engineers, and solid state scientists.
- The candidate will demonstrate the ability to resolve key project hurdles and assumptions by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise. Additionally, the candidate will proactively seek out new information in the literature and incorporate this into individual project(s) as well as the overall program.
- It is expected that the successful candidate publish research in peer-reviewed journals and present their work at scientific conferences.
- Routinely demonstrate scientific initiative and creativity in research or development activities.
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing laboratory research or method development, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor.
- Formulate conclusions and design follow-on experiments based on multidisciplinary data.
- May initiate new areas of investigation that are scientifically meaningful, reliable, and can be incorporated directly into a research or development program.
- A primary author of publications, presentations, regulatory documents and/or primary inventor of patents.
- Demonstrates high proficiency across a wide range of relevant technologies.
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab and/or pilot plant.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, GxP compliance, and animal care where applicable.
- Direct mentorship of others