Associate Director, Clinical Pharmacology
The Clinical Pharmacology group, as part of Research, Nonclinical and Translational Sciences (RNTS) at AbbVie, is searching for an Associate Director to provide project support, informing decision-making in both small and large molecule, novel drug delivery platform projects from Discovery to Development to On Market Support. Scope of work includes preclinical PK/PD, clinical PK/PD, clinical pharmacology (CP), immunogenicity, and target engagement strategy for assets in eyecare, aesthetics, and neurotoxin portfolios. The candidate will also establish innovative modeling approaches to enable translation from animal to human.
- Design and provide scientific oversight of preclinical PK/TK studies and Clinical Pharmacology studies
- Conduct data analyses including non-compartmental analyses, modeling and simulation, literature data analyses.
- Liaise with research, toxicology, immunology, bioanalytical, and clinical development colleagues to generate data and knowledge supporting the development and implementation of translational models
- At project level, establish and maintain effective collaborations with key stakeholders to facilitate data integration for biomarker selection, candidate nomination/selection, human dose prediction and FIH study design, and late-stage clinical development dose selection
- Participate and present at various departmental and cross functional teams.
- Author regulatory documents including protocols, study reports, exposure-response analyses reports, relevant section of investigator brochures, common technical documents, white papers, and other similar documents.
- Maintain awareness of emerging literature and science in PK/Clinical Pharmacology specific to eyecare, aesthetics, and neurotoxin.
- Author scientific publications and present at scientific conferences.
- Mentor junior Clinical Pharmacology colleagues, fellows, and interns.