We are a growing contemporary drug discovery and development company where we “Play to Win” in an industry rich with opportunity. Together, we face challenges and together we win in the delivery of world-class drug discovery and development solutions that impact the health and well-being of people all over the world. There’s an opportunity for everyone at all phases of a career, each individual’s unique skill set has an impact on the work we conduct. If you have the talent and desire to impact the quality of people’s lives, we have the career opportunities to make it happen.
Join us in embracing research and science to impact the health and well-being of people all over the world.
The Study Coordinator in the St. Louis In-Life (Pharmacology & Toxicology) Group functions as the liaison between Study Directors and In-Life staff to ensure proper conduct of assigned studies. In addition, the Study Coordinator will participate in various procedures including multiple routes of dose administration, sample collections, clinical observations, and other procedures in multiple species of laboratory animals. The In-Life group operates in a team-based format to generate important data required in the performance of drug discovery studies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Function as the liaison between Study Directors and In-Life technical staff to insure proper conduct of all study activities. Direct the activities of In-Life staff assigned to studies.
- Reads and understands study protocols; leads/actively participates in pre-study meetings with Study Directors and In-Life Management and In-Life personnel as appropriate.
- Responsible for all study preparation activities (animal receipt and housing, all required supplies are available and labeled, etc.).
- Interact with the Formulation Scientist to confirm all dose formulations are prepared, labeled, and stored according to protocol specifications.
- Work with In-Life leadership to confirm appropriate staff resourcing is in place and posted on electronic resourcing boards.
- Ensure that all study documentation is maintained correctly and finalized for Study Director review at study completion.
- Accurately perform basic laboratory calculations and measurements
- Perform various technical procedures including dose administration, blood and tissue collection, clinical observations, and handling of multiple species of laboratory animals.
- Ability to successfully perform all study activities in a high-paced environment working with team members in a time-sensitive manner.
- Competency in the use of relevant computer systems including electronic in-life data collection systems.
- Clearly and accurately document study activities following Inotiv requirements for written and electronic data recording and data integrity.
- Compliance with applicable USDA regulations, Animal Welfare Act, facility Animal Care and Use Committee requirements, and the Guide for Care and Use of Laboratory Animals.
- Perform study activities as assigned following study protocols, Inotiv SOP’s, Animal User Protocols. and other applicable laboratory or company procedures.
- Maintain confidential information consistent with Inotiv corporate policy.
- Interact with clients, other employees, and the community in a professional manner.
- Support and participate in other company initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and abilities
- Proficient in the use of common lab instrumentation.
- Effective organizational, written, and oral communication skills
- The ability to multi-task and work independently in a matrixed team organization under tight timelines
- Recognition of the importance of following all required safety procedures including the use of PPE, proper chemical storage, and disposal.
- Demonstrate Inotiv Core Values.
- Available to work weekends, holiday and extended hours during the work week as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Moderate physical activity frequent walking, sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time, carrying, heavy lifting (max. 50 lbs.),
- Able to wear latex or nitrile gloves, dust mask or respirator, and safety glasses as required.
- Manual dexterity to operate laboratory equipment and calculator/computer.
- Work is normally performed in an office or laboratory environment.
Education and experience
- Biological sciences, Animal sciences, or related degree and 2-5 years’ experience in the Research Technician Role or related position.
- Registered Veterinary Technician (ALAT, LAT, or LATG)
- Equivalent combination of related education and required work experience will be considered with management approval.
Physical Activity and Working Conditions
Work is normally performed in a typical interior office or laboratory environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- The noise level is usually moderate
- Requires moderate physical activity with frequent talking, standing, walking and repetitive movement of hands and fingers, reaching and lifting 10 -50 pounds.
- Use of PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) when required (i.e., able to wear latex or nitrile gloves, dust mask or respirator, and safety glasses as required)
Salary will be commensurate with experience and responsibilities. Benefits include health and dental coverage, short- and long-term disability, paid time off, paid parental leave, 401K participation with company match, etc.
Inotiv is a proud equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify employer.