Senior Vice President, Sales
The Senior Vice President of Sales will provide strategic commercial leadership and be accountable for the attainment of sales forecast goals across the entire Coherus product portfolio including oncology*, ophthalmology**, and immunology*** therapeutic areas. This sales executive will lead a team of high performing sales leaders, sales representatives, and key account directors and exhibit superior competencies in strategic thinking, driving high performance and execution, building/developing the best team, and serving as role model of the Coherus Values. This position will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and serve as a member of the Commercial Leadership Team.*UDENYCA® and toripalimab (a PD-1 antibody currently under FDA review; action date 04/2022) **CHS-201 (biosimilar to reference product LUCENTIS®; BLA currently under review with FDA; action date 08/2022) *** YUSIMRY™ (biosimilar to reference product HUMIRA®; FDA approved 12/2021; commercial launch 07/2023)
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead, direct and hold accountable a team of direct reports including the Oncology VP of Sales, Head of Ophthalmology Sales, Head of Strategic Accounts, Executive Director of Sales Training, and Senior Director of Sales Operations.
- Achieve or exceed sales goals across the product portfolio.
- Lead the development of national sales strategies for each respective Plan of Action (POA) period and be accountable for the successful creation, execution and inspection of key performance indicators across the field sales and key account teams.
- Frictionless collaboration across all key functional partners including Marketing, Strategic Accounts, Market Access, Commercial Analytics, Pricing and Contracting, Trade, and Medical Affairs to create an environment of One Team.
- Work with Marketing, Sales Operations, and the respective VP’s of Sales to establish annual and quarterly sales goals and corresponding incentive compensation plans.
- Identify and validate market opportunities and needs, and assist with developing plans to launch, test, and refine new product and service offerings.
- Develop and maintain strategic internal customer relationships (key executives, CEO, CFO, CMO).
- Manage and deploy resources to ensure efficient achievement of objectives.
- Establish and manage sales department budget; ensure appropriate return on investment.
- Work with direct reports on a consistent basis evaluating performance and providing sales direction.
- Attract, develop and retain individuals who will ensure high level of performance.
- Drive and monitor a compliant and ethical work environment.
- Provide adequate training, coaching, follow-up and development of the sales organization in all phases of their work, including career development.
Background and Experience:
- BS/BA - MBA preferred
- Minimum 20 years biopharma experience in specialty therapeutic markets
- 15+ years of sales management experience, minimum 5 years at the Executive/National level
- 5-10+ years of Oncology sales experience with track record of launch success in buy and bill markets
- Additional therapeutic area experience in Ophthalmology and Immunology highly desirable
- Dynamic leader who embodies trust, integrity, responsibility and accountability
- Demonstrated track record of successfully leading teams in highly competitive markets
- Extensive launch experience for newly approved products, line extensions and new indications
- Strong understanding of the sales process and how to guide and direct sales training plans to maximize sales call impact
- History of recruiting, hiring, and developing outstanding talent, including VP-level staff
- Deep understanding of the market dynamics within the Oncology marketplace and across all key segments (community, hospitals payor, Medicare Part B)
- Experience in home office roles such as Marketing, Sales Operations, Strategy, etc.
- Proven record of accomplishment of high performance and consistent results
- Superior executive presence, with excellence in communication, presentation, and influencing skills.
- Significant travel required with expectations of frequent and consistent time spent with customers and in the Redwood City, CA HQ.
Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Coherus BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.