Account Director, San Francisco
We’re seeking an Account Director to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
As a member of our US West Sales team, you’ll identify, qualify, and develop software and services business opportunities within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Your customer base will include scientists, departmental management, and senior pharma/biotech executives, and you’ll interact closely with Schrödinger’s applications scientists, product managers, senior company leadership, and other account managers working in a collaborative team environment. This position provides a unique and exciting opportunity to interact closely with some of the most prominent scientists and executives in our industry.
Who will love this job:
- A scientifically-minded salesperson who’s familiar with computational chemistry software, research informatics, high-performance computing, or enterprise software
- A self-sufficient closer who understands negotiation of terms, procurement, and implementation management
- An excellent communicator who enjoys presenting scientifically-sophisticated solutions to complex research problems
- An organized problem-solver who can perform well under pressure and take direction from management
- An optimistic, customer-oriented innovator who brings a solid track record of sales quota achievement
What you’ll do:
- Create and implement strategic sales plans for all allocated accounts
- Manage all team engagements with assigned accounts to ensure objectives are met
- Accurately forecast all new and renewal business opportunities in Salesforce
- Develop and maintain exceptional account relationships at all levels through effective communication, education, reporting and problem-solving
- Provide feedback from clients to internal Product Managers and the Support teams
- Collect and actively communicate market trends to Schrödinger sales/product management
What you should have:
- Minimum of five years software/services sales experience in the drug discovery/development domain
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic sales approaches
- Key account management and team selling background
- Verifiable history of positive customer relationships
- A bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or a related science
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events.
We've been working remotely from across the world over the past few months because the health and safety of our employees is paramount. Nonetheless, we have kept Schrödinger's outstanding culture going through a series of online fitness classes, trivia nights, happy hours, and so much more.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.