Scientist, Drug Product Characterization
Regeneron's Protein Biochemistry group (PBG), located in Tarrytown NY, is seeking a hardworking Scientist to contribute to drug development from Ph2 through commercialization. In this new role, you will be responsible for developing analytical methods and purification protocols to support extended characterization of therapeutics within the Regeneron pipeline.
A Typical Day in the Role of Scientist Might Look Like:
• Develop novel methods to enrich and/or purify drug-related variants to support product development (antibodies, AAVs, etc.)
• Make science-based recommendations by novel incorporation of learning from internal and external (literature) references.
• Apply in-depth understanding of Design of Experiment (DOE), advanced statistical analysis, and risk assessment to evaluate current analytical methods and purification processes
• Identify and develop process improvement opportunities within PBG and across Regeneron. Begin to lead technology development independently, drive results, and onboard new technologies.
• Take calculated risks to achieve goals. Independently and accurately determine strategies/approaches to address gaps in knowledge and/or communication.
• Maintain and continuously improve lab operations and, if relevant, improve data or knowledge management systems.
• Begin to anticipate customer needs at an organizational level and proactively shape internal workflows to meet them.
• Work with supervisor to prepare and deliver effective oral presentation in internal and external professional meetings. Share cross-functional skills and knowledge at a wide variety of meetings.
• Mentor indirectly by leading, guiding, and assisting peers, and PBG personnel.
Additional Roles May Include:
• Develop and author technical documents, including protocols, reports, and memos
• Participate in new technology initiative efforts and continuous improvement projects
• Experience with process statistics and modeling using related tools (JMP/Prism)
• Project management experience, strong communication, and problem-solving skills
This Role Might Be For You If You Possess:
• In-depth knowledge about protein structure and function
• Extensive experience with preparative protein separations, purificaiton, and tangential flow filtration (TFF)
• Strong lab skills in analytical separation sciences and/or intact protein mass-spectrometry
• The desire and ability to work in a team environment.
• A passion for science and innovation with a strong commitment to continual improvement and making significant contributions in a collaborative environment.
To be considered for a Scientist position you must have a PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Chemical Engineering, Material Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related field, with 0-3 years of experience.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.