Alliance Manager: Antibody Discovery
OverviewAbveris is Boston's premier antibody discovery company providing contract research services to the biopharma industry. Abveris applies advanced immunization methods combined with B cell screening and hybridoma-based antibody discovery technologies to provide comprehensive gene-to-antibody discovery services. Abveris is developing the next generation of biologics, cell therapies, vaccines, and diagnostics in partnership with global leaders in biopharma. Abveris is a division of Twist Bioscience that prides itself in integrity, teamwork, drive, innovation, and our partner’s successes in biologics development. We provide our hard-working team with a generous vacation policy, a matching retirement plan, and free lunch every day.
We are searching for a full-time Antibody Discovery Alliance Manager to join our team and help continue to develop strong customer relationships with both large and small biotech organizations. The Alliance Manager will work closely with the Business Development and Project Management teams to coordinate custom B cell screening antibody discovery campaigns from early project design to final deliverables.
In this role, the Alliance Manager will act as the liaison between our partners and our laboratory scientists and will have a high level of involvement in business development at Abveris. A major part of the role will involve the design, planning and coordination of therapeutic antibody development campaigns, including direct management of a portfolio of projects, partner communications and interaction with scientific teams. The ideal candidate will have strong antibody discovery knowledge and direct (or indirect) biologics-based therapeutic drug development experience.
- Provide technical consultation to our partners to enable optimal outcomes for antibody discovery campaigns, including those involving some of the most difficult targets in the industry
- Design and manage the execution of antibody discovery campaigns on the industry leading B cell screening platform, the Berkeley Lights Beacon
- Significant involvement in the business development process and early project discussion/design
- Frequent communication with partners, including technical support and troubleshooting
- Frequent coordination with antibody scientists and business development team
- Management of antibody discovery project timelines and deliverables
- Data quality control and report analysis/presentation
- A passion for antibody discovery and development
- PhD. in biological sciences or related field with 2-4 years of industry experience or M.S./B.S. in biological sciences or related field with 5+ years of industry experience
- Therapeutic antibody drug discovery expertise, ideally utilizing single cell workflows
- Deep antibody discovery industry understanding/knowledge
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of biologics characterization assays (SPR/BLI affinity ranking/measurement, ELISA, FACS) and functional assays (epitope binning, neutralization screening, ligand blocking assays, ATCC assays)
- Basic understanding of single B cell antibody discovery workflows (Beacon experience a bonus)
- Ability to troubleshoot scientific data and present data to customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (required)
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to operate in a fast-paced environment
- A team player looking to contribute strongly in a growing, hard-working, collaborative, employee-owned company environment.