Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Nurix’s ML team aims to harness our varied high volume data streams in providing key insights to drug discovery teams through the application of machine learning. Drawing upon your experience in applying computational tools towards drug discovery campaigns, your will work with a diverse group of scientists from across the Nurix research organization to identify and solve problems impeding the progress of our therapeutic candidates. Your job will initially focus on exploring the rich datasets generated by our DNA Encoded Library (DEL) platform to improve lead identification and optimization efforts through careful dataset generation and model design. By training and applying well tested, reliable, and productionized models to development projects, your work will deliver novel chemical matter to fuel research on Nurix therapeutic targets. You will further contribute to the development of our DEL ML platform by leveraging your knowledge of medicinal chemistry principles and cheminformatics to inform methods development for molecule featurization, dataset splitting, and translating model predictions towards the identification of novel chemical matter. Beyond DEL, your integration within Nurix’s research organization will naturally reveal additional domains where you will leverage your modelling expertise and Nurix’s expansive chemical and biological data to develop fit-for-purpose datasets and ML solutions.
- MS/PhD in computer science, chemistry, engineering, biology, physics, or related discipline with 2+ years for postdoctoral or industry experience
- Track record of applying computational tools (docking, QSAR, virtual screening, etc) towards solving problems within a pharmaceutical context
- Understanding of the medicinal chemistry concepts guiding drug development
- Expertise in Python
- Experience with at least one ML development environment (TensorFlow, Pytorch, etc)
- Experience writing code using standard cheminformatics toolkits (such as RDKit)
- Experience with database design and querying preferred
- Highly collaborative yet individually driven, with the ability to manage projects independently
- Experience with DNA Encoded Libraries preferred
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation, highly collaborative
- Solutions and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach, resourceful and open to diverse points of view
Nurix is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Nurix will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes.