Kriya is a next generation gene therapy company focused on expanding the field to new frontiers. We have built a fully integrated, technology enabled platform for rational vector design, analytical characterization, and scalable manufacturing to design and develop gene therapies for diseases with well-understood underlying biology. We believe that rationally engineered gene therapies can transform the treatment of a broad universe of diseases – and we are prepared to lead this revolution in medicine.
Our team is made up of leading scientific experts who are passionate about improving patients’ lives and easing the burden of these life-changing disorders for patients. We are looking for teammates with the ambition, creativity, and energy to help us build a unique organization.
If you are looking to be a part of a company with an entrepreneurial culture, a bold vision, and a meaningful purpose, Kriya is the company for you.
This individual will be responsible for the development of molecular and cell-based assays to answer key questions and provide a solution-based approach in supporting the development of gene therapy products. The ideal candidate will have extensive experiences in molecular cloning, cell culture techniques and a deep understanding of common biochemistry fundamentals and methods. This position will report to the associate director of vector design and innovation, and will be a key role providing a deep dive into the exciting science leading to the development of gene therapy Products.
- Lead development of molecular and cellular assays for cloning, gene expression evaluation, and protein function assessments
- Execute, analyze, and interpret experimental results
- Manage databases tracking plasmids generated
- Collaborate and interact cross functionally within the company to support the development and evaluation of new technologies and
- Highly detail oriented and meticulous with notebook and record keeping
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability interacting with external vendors and internal functions for placing synthesis/plasmid orders as well as management and tracking of orders in coordination with vector core and supply functions
- Exemplary techniques in molecular biology including cloning, qPCR, RNA and DNA extraction
- Familiarity with NGS
- Experience with recombinant AAV design and development is preferred
- Working experiences with mammalian cell culture, transfection, transduction of cell lines and primary cells
- Good communication and presentation skills, experiences of working in a dynamic, multiple-disciplinary team environment
- Ph.D. or equivalent with 2+ years of relative experiences, preferably with industry experience
- Master's Degree with 5+ years relevant research experience in molecular biological/cellular biology, preferably with industry experience
Kriya is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.