Associate Scientist, Protein Sciences
Molecular Templates is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of differentiated, targeted, biologic therapeutics. Our proprietary biologic drug platform technology, known as engineered toxin bodies, or ETBs, leverages the resident biology of a genetically engineered form of Shiga-like Toxin A subunit to create novel therapies with potent and differentiated mechanisms of action for cancer and other serious diseases. MTEM currently has multiple clinical-stage ETB candidates in development including MT-5111, MT-0169, and MT-6402. Additional preclinical compounds derived from our ETB platform technology are being advanced toward clinical development. Additional information about Molecular Templates can be obtained at www.mtem.com.
The position is an integral member of the CMC Development team and will be involved in biologics drug discovery and development. This position is laboratory-based in a team setting. The individual will be responsible for conducting protein production and analysis tasks based on established protocols or developing new protocols. The Associate Scientist is expected to apply good judgment and take appropriate actions to solve scientific and technical problems. Responsibilities of this individual may change in line with prioritization at the discretion of the management team.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Perform production and analysis activities of protein purification.
- Analyze data, evaluate results, form conclusions, and provide input to support the next steps.
- Under supervision and direction of management, drives the creation and development of new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Actively engage in the design and execution of new experiments to solve scientific and technical problems.
- Maintain professional expertise through familiarity with training and scientific literature, as appropriate for the level of work assigned.
- Presents data and methods in R&D meetings, as needed and assigned.
- Accurately documents all tasks in a timely manner.
- Perform general lab maintenance, including equipment upkeep, lab cleanliness and organization, and solution/reagent preparation.
- Other tasks, including independent projects, as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in biological sciences, chemistry, biochemistry, or related field is required for Associate Scientist
- Relevant experience in a laboratory setting involving molecular biology and recombinant protein expression and purification from a prokaryotic (E. coli) system, required
- Experience conducting protein assays (UV-Vis, SDS-PAGE, etc), required
- Proficiency in operating modern laboratory bioprocess equipment, such as FPLC systems, highly preferred
- Experience in protein purification techniques (gravity purification, column chromatography, UFDF, etc), highly preferred
- Experience in analytical and biophysical characterization methods (HPLC, DSF, DLS), preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to build positive working relationships with team members
- Strong time-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills with knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software
This role does not have any supervisory responsibility. This position will report to a Senior member of the Protein Sciences team.
Molecular Templates celebrates and supports our differences and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic.
MTEM is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. If you need assistance with your application due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com.
By submitting a resume for consideration, applicants verify that they have read MTEM’s Applicant Privacy notice. https://www.mtem.com/privacy-policy