Biochemistry Research Associate
We are seeking a Research Associate to join our growing Discovery Proteomics team. This is an early discovery role and will support our target identification and validation efforts. Utilizing state of the art mass spectrometry technologies you will characterize modifications of purified protein targets and help identify new protein targets from patient derived samples. Building upon established methods, you will have the opportunity to test and develop new protocols and gain experience in a range of techniques as we develop additional ADC therapies. Those with an interest in protein post-translational modifications (glycosylation, phosphorylation, etc.) are especially encouraged to apply.
- Processing samples for Mass Spectrometry analysis including protein digestion, peptide labelling, fractionation and sample clean up.
- Operation of our Orbitrap Eclipse mass spectrometer and nanoLC instruments. Including setting up sample queues, running samples, and perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting when necessary.
- Downstream analysis of raw data.
- B.S. or M.S. in biology, biochemistry, or a related field with at least 1 year laboratory experience.
- Knowledge of mass-spectrometry proteomics workflows.
- Experience with protein-based assays (BCA, western blots, etc.).
- Ability to learn and assist in development of new protocols/technologies
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and clear communication of your results and goals.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Prior experience in a mass spectrometry lab in an academic or industry setting.
- Experience with sample processing for MS including digestion and desalting.
- Prior operation of LC and/or MS instruments. Experience with Thermo instruments a plus.
- Experience with PTM workflows (phosphorylation, glycosylation, etc.)
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, including equity, paid time off, health coverage, and opportunities for professional growth & development. Title and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We love diverse and interesting people. We’re an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to age, disability, gender, genetic background, hair, or national origin. If you're good at what you do and are respectful of your co-workers, please