Application Engineer II
The Application Engineer, operates and maintains the back-end infrastructure of business applications that Resilience uses to day to day. This role will be focused on managing open-source platforms, content management – document and web, tooling related to our DevOps portfolio, and a growing portfolio of SaaS applications that require customer managed encryption and SSO. You will maintain documentation, configuration files, updating deployment artifacts as required in specific repos. Knowledge of manually configured and recipe-based approaches using infrastructure as code or other tooling (ansible, chef, puppet, terraform, etc) are part of automating the routine – and you will be asked to “automate everything”.
- Install, configure, and maintain software applications on AWS and SaaS platforms including Confluence, Jira, BitBucket, Jenkins, Code Pipeline, SmartSheet, Boomi, Slack, and more.
- Have knowledge and ownership of platform security considerations and configurations including Okta SSO / Cognito SSO, customer managed keys (CMK) for platform content encryption, and external logging to DataDog or a SEIM.
- Serve as the support single point of contact (SPOC) for high severity issues, zero-day patching.
- Participate as part of a larger project team moving applications from planning and design into production.
- Serve with other SMEs on architecture committees to identify better ways to building (resilience, security, availability, etc).
The preferred candidate also has history of leading successful continuous improvement initiatives, managing agile digital operations, working cross functionally to build a strong, more connected business with the support of our digital tools. You must have cloud fluency and be comfortable operating on SaaS applications.
- Provide day to day operational support of backend business systems acting as the senior most technical resource and technical contact for the platform(s).
- Automate Everything: the routine should be automated using frameworks and tools that you bring, borrow, and steal. This could be as simple as using just-in-time scim provisioning with our IDP, or working to create birthright-access groups so that user management is not manual.
- Implementation: install, configure, build IAC constructs around business applications hosted on AWS EC2. Knowledge of how to build image pipelines to keep our AMIs updated.
- Management: Resilience widely uses AWS SSM – even on-premises. You should want to learn or already be comfortable with SSM.
- Comfortable operating on Windows, Linux, and the cloud (AWS or SaaS); knowledge of SSO, LDAP and Active DirectoryOperational experience with IT change management across domains (security, software, network, hardware, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment with a proven track record for delivering results on large, cross-functional, global projects
- Prior experience in managing service delivery in high-velocity and regulated environments to maintain and run software applications and SaaS.
- Fluid collaboration skills across business, IT, and external vendors/suppliers
- Strong track record of operating creatively and autonomously in both startup and enterprise environments
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- 5 years of experience automating infrastructure and applications in the cloud and on-premises.
- Expertise managing open-source software (OSS) and related infrastructure.
- While this role will indirectly support highly regulated environments (HIPAA, FDA, USG)