Sr. Manager, Biostatistics
This role is an exciting opportunity to be a critical part of the clinical development group of a high growth organization. The Senior Manager of Biostatistics will be involved in the design, execution, analysis, and reporting clinical studies with a focus on Moderna’s infectious disease vaccine programs. This position will be located in Cambridge, MA.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
Serve as the biostatistician in clinical development teams responsible for all clinical study biostatistics deliverables with high quality and on time
Responsible to bring innovative statistical thinking and operational excellence to help drive applications of state-of-art statistical methods that increase the probability of successes for clinical development programs
Develop statistical sections of protocols, statistical analysis plans, and key specifications for statistical programming implementation of analyses
Plan, manage, and track biostatistics activities, timelines, and resources and assure operational excellence
Contribute to SOPs and/or Work Instructions related to biostatistics practices
Collaborate with and manage internal and external functions (e.g. CROs, software vendors, clinical development partners, etc.) to ensure meeting project timelines and goals
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
MS or PhD (or equivalent degree) with 5+ years (PhD) or 7+ years (MS) of relevant work experience in Biotech, Pharma, Regulatory authorities, or Clinical Research Organizations
Excellent statistical knowledge with the ability of applying the knowledge to solve scientific and clinical problems
Working knowledge of relevant FDA, EU, ICH guidelines and regulations.
Experience working on prophylactic vaccine clinical studies and regulatory interactions are preferred.
Experience working with CROs, vendors, and relationship management.
Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written).
Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to effectively collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary winter shut down
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.#LI-MS1