Technician I, Maintenance and Reliability - Utility Operations
Imagine… 2 weeks after the birth of your child you realize they aren't meeting critical developmental milestones and after months of doctor's appointments you are told your baby has a rare neurological disease that would impact how they would live their lives.
This is the reality of parents whose children have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and it's the reason why we at Novartis Gene Therapy are laser focused on bringing hope and possibility to those devastated by rare genetic diseases.
We use cutting-edge technology to turn promising gene therapies into proven treatments. Imagine the lives you could transform by joining the Novartis Gene Therapy team.
The Technician I, Maintenance and Reliability - Utilitiy Operations is responsible for performing all maintenance functions on equipment and facilities at a GTx location.
NOTE: This is a 12 hours rotating shift role and will either be days (6 am - 6 pm) or nights (6 pm - 6 am).
• Operation of site-based utility, electrical, HVAC, and facility systems; including water-for-injection, water pre-treatment, chillers, boilers, compressed gases, plant steam/condensate, wastewater, biowaste inactivation, air handling units, cold rooms, switchgear, emergency generators, cooling towers, fire protection, and control systems.
• Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair of motors, pumps, valves, filters, compressors, switches, elastomers, dampers, fans, piping, transmitters, vessels, safety devices, and other components
• Work in a collaborative and cross-functional team environment and interact with other support groups such as Engineering, Automation, Manufacturing, Metrology, Quality Assurance and Validation.
• Perform corrective, preventive, and predictive maintenance in a safe manner while meeting all quality requirements.
• Lead initial alarm response, system owner notification, and correction of alarm condition
• Maintain all training requirements as assigned to position.
• Participate in quality investigations and implementation of corrective actions as requested.
• Maintain state of audit-readiness in functional areas.
• Perform complete, compliant and accurate documentation, as required in cGMP operations.
• Routinely perform work in a cleanroom environment.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree/Diploma/Certification in Engineering Technology or Related Skilled Trade Field
• 2 years of relevant work experience
• Relevant experience includes the following activities associated with utility, HVAC, or electrical systems within biotech/pharma/laboratory/hospital/ university/government/nuclear/semi-conductor/military or other regulated industry.
• operations and maintenance
• engineering support
• equipment installation or equipment service provider
• instrument calibration or programming
• Licensure in one of the following areas is preferred: Electrician, Refrigeration/Air Conditioning, Plumbing, Stationary Engineer, Boiler Operations, or Waste Water Treatment.
• Experience using MS Office Suite Applications
• Ability to analyze, investigate and help solve equipment technical issues.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Understanding of industrial safety standards and lock out/tag out procedures.
• Must be physically able to lift and move materials (up to 50 lbs.) and climb ladders
• 12-Hour Shift Assignment Supporting 24/7 Manufacturing Model
• Flexible to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Novartis Gene Therapies Benefit Summary:
Annual bonus, long term incentive, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements (based on role) and an employee recognition program are available for this position, among many other benefits provided to employees of Novartis Gene Therapies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Need help finding the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.