Just-Evotec Biologics is seeking a highly motivated Materials Planner that desires a significant opportunity to improve worldwide access to biotherapeutics. The primary focus of this job is to lead the demand management process by working closely with Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain and Business Teams to create materials demand requisitions for procurement for both Just-Evotec Biologics state of the art J.POD™ Facility, located in Redmond, WA, as well as Just-Evotec Biologics Clinical Production Facility, located in the South Lake Union neighborhood in Seattle, WA.
The primary job responsibilities include:
- Partner with Project Management, Quality and Supply Chain to identify and qualify new suppliers or vendors
- Support Project Management, Quality and Supply Chain in the creation and maintenance of raw material requirements and specifications
- Forecast and maintain materials supply using demand planning tools
- Minimize inventory while ensuring material availability
- Monitor inventory levels against identified target levels and planning assumptions and schedule the supply of materials/components to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels
- Day-to-day requisition management and management of deliveries, as required
- Understand and manage risks to minimize impact on production schedule
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production
- Implement all processes to agreed standards and targets and identify and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Utilize any Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) or IT system that is in place and ensure that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required
- Monitor Bill of Materials (BOM) integrity and support inventory checks to ensure inventory accuracy
- Create regular statistical reports and analysis and update others in the organization
- Partner with Procurement on Return Materials Authorization (RMA) instances
- Generate and communicate supplier material delivery schedules and forecasts to ensure they reflect requirements and meet demands
- Support Supply Chain Management & Procurement in the negotiation of supply agreements and contracts, as needed.
- Facilitate the resolution of any supplier concerns or disputes to prevent supply disruptions
- Evaluate supplier performance in conjunction with members of the Supply Chain Management team
Bachelor’s Degree required in Science, Engineering, or Business/Supply Chain with 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing operations including roles involved with materials planning and production scheduling in a cGMP manufacturing environment.
- Motivated, self-starter
- Strong interpersonal, team, oral and written communication skills are a must
- Significant experience working with ERP systems, specifically Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, Demand Planning, Inventory Management and Production Scheduling modules in a cGMP environment.
- Candidate must possess strong focus on quality and attention to detail
- Possess effective task/time management organizational skills
- APICS Certification preferred
- Strong computer skills include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and MS Project)