The Event Planner role will be responsible for supporting the Element Biosciences commercial team across a range of event needs. The ideal candidate is someone who is looking for an opportunity in a fast-paced start-up with exposure to an array of business leaders and projects.
- Develop and execute national and regional conference strategies and sponsorships in conjunction with working closely with sales and marketing counterparts.
- Drive event execution, including coordinating with agencies and production partners as needed.
- Organize the logistics for advisory board meetings, educational events, and ancillary events during conferences.
- Own event calendar, project plans and budget for exhibiting, speaking, registration, and more.
- Partner with product marketing and product strategy to develop themes, strategy and content for events.
- Drive logistics for all events, including contract negotiations, guest lists, venue preparation, presentation materials, security, catering, entertainment, transportation, equipment, decor, and marketing materials.
- Make site visits and lead pre-event meetings when necessary to help staff make decisions about event design.
- Work with communications to ensure optimal messaging and publicity across PR, internal and external comms.
- Comply with legal, insurance, health, brand, and regulations at all times.
Your background should include:
- 3+ years of conference and events management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Broadcast/Journalism, or a related subject area is preferred.
- Experience planning events for healthcare/biotech/pharma/diagnostics companies.
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Highly collaborative, as this role supports various internal customers and requires getting consensus from key partners.
- Passion for creating a friendly, easy, and pleasant experience for all customers.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel for key conferences and events (up to 25%).