Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
• Develop and execute organic syntheses in an efficient, independent, and safe manner using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies
• Identify, develop, and apply novel enabling technologies and chemistries to accelerate the drug discovery process
• Organize and prioritize efforts to stay consistent with project priorities
• Clearly and effectively communicate ideas and results (both verbally and in writing) to a broad range of audiences
• Influence the prospective use of computational methods and leverage automated synthesis and high-throughput experimentation capabilities
• Work closely with AI/ML teams to develop and implement relevant predictive models to aid in the design of new molecules
• Communicate project updates clearly and effectively to the broader team and key stakeholders·
• A Ph.D./Postdoc in organic chemistry with 0-3 years of relevant employment experience
• Expert in modern synthetic organic chemistry approaches and principles demonstrated through publications in journals and patents
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
• Creative problem solving and management of relationships with several stakeholders within and beyond the company
• Demonstration of outstanding communication skills through internal/external presentations and publications
• Stays up to date with chemical literature and possess a contemporary knowledge of emerging synthetic methodologies and technologies
• Experience in high-throughput experimentation and modern catalysis is desired but not required
ABOUT ENTOS:Founded in 2019 and headquartered in San Diego, California, Entos is focused on disrupting therapeutic discovery with its cutting-edge platform that uses AI-driven automated synthesis to rapidly design small-molecule therapeutics. Driven by technology derived from Caltech and the University of Bristol, Entos' team is comprised of renowned scientists and engineers with world- class expertise in machine learning and software development, as well as computational and medicinal chemistry. Learn more about Entos' industry-revolutionizing platform at www.entos.ai.
MISSION & CORE VALUES:The culture and work at Entos are profoundly strengthened by the diversity of our people and our differences in background, culture, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and life experiences. We are committed to building an inclusive environment where a diverse group of talented humans work together to discover therapeutics and create technologies. ALSO We offer industry leading competitive pay, company paid healthcare, flexible spending accounts, voluntary life Insurance, 401K matching, and unlimited vacation to our team. We are located in a brand-new state-of-the art facility in beautiful San Diego with an onsite gym, dining, and easy access to great places to live and play.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE:Full-time. Location in San Diego.