Application Scientist, Commercial Applications
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using enzymatic DNA synthesis (EDS) technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA. The company has recently initiated the commercialization of its first EDS powered platform, the SYNTAX system.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $315M of financing, with leading investors such as Coatue Management, Fidelity Management and Research, Catalio Capital Management, Casdin Capital, LSP, Bpifrance Large Ventures, Danaher, Illumina Ventures, Agilent, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, T Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and Eurazeo.
DNA Script also partners on technology and product development with leading organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, Moderna Therapeutics, GE Research, Illumina, the Broad Institute, Harvard University, Institut Pasteur and the French Department of Defense.
DNA Script has its research and manufacturing facilities headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.
Opportunity and Challenges :
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
The Application Scientist is a versatile role positioned to support the company’s product development, marketing, and revenue objectives.
This role will require a combination of practical molecular biology laboratory techniques and associated applications, product expertise, excellent communication skills, and critical thinking. The successful applicant will provide complex experimental design and applications support, workflow troubleshooting and solutions, and provide pre-and post-sales technical support while maintaining extensive knowledge of market needs. The ideal Application Scientist blends strong technical skills and customer-facing poise and communication.
- Develops technical marketing pieces including (e.g., whitepapers, application notes, conference posters, and other collateral) and gathers information necessary to aid the Marketing, Sales, and Applications teams in effectively selling products to new and existing customers
- Assist in the creation and review of technical materials (manuals, webinars, presentations)
- Generates new Syntax focused applications and solutions that grow market share and improve customer satisfaction
- Supports Sales channels by attending conferences, and serving as a key technical support resource, e.g. pre-sales support including pre-call strategy, technical introductory as well as customized application/customer-specific sales presentations,
- Support customers in conceptualizing and designing scientific studies that leverage the Syntax platform.
- Develop and conduct technical training for the commercial team focused on novel applications & new market strategies
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in aggregate across any commercial equivalent within one or more of the following: DNA design, synthetic biology, NGS or spatial genomics applications, and informatics.
- Minimum of 5 years of field sales, application specialist/support experience, or marketing in genomics related field
- Thrive in a start-up, rapidly growing company environment
- Ability to troubleshoot basic instrument software interfaces and networking
- Experience of customer support and use of CRM system a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Health, Dental, Vision. Company pays 80% of premiums for employees and dependents. We have lots of plans available including HMOs, PPOs, HDHPs, etc.
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Other employee-funded plans including pre-tax commuter, HSA, and FSA
- Initial screening with the hiring manager
- Day interview at the office (or remote) with the manager, cofounders, HR and the rest of the team
- Reference Checks
- Timing: 2-3 weeks