Security System Administrator
Summary: Our engineering team in College Station, Texas is expanding, and we are looking for a Security System Administrator to be responsible for supporting, monitoring, and enhancing our security operations. The Security System Administrator will provide day-to-day security support operations to ensure electronic security systems, documentation, and procedures are followed and worked as expected.
- Ensure multiple security systems are well-maintained by performing routine inspections, verifications, and reporting inspection results.
- Initiate and track to completion of resulting corrective actions.
- Support the implementation of security and emergency plan for the company.
- Coordinating and overseeing the maintenance, organization, and control of security documents and files, including activities such as filing, assembling files, document retrieval, copying, and document control.
- Oversee and maintain the repair of security equipment devices and components. (i.e., security devices on doors, card readers, cameras, etc.).
- Manage the access levels, grant access, remove access, reports, and basic configuration on the access control systems.
- Incorporate security awareness and response procedures into employee training programs.
- Keep instruction detections systems in buildings and sensitive areas.
- Keep vehicles away from critical areas. Deny access to suspicious vehicles.
- Manage and limit access to contractors, vendors, and temporary employees.
- Install, maintain, and regularly test security and emergency communications systems to ensure functionality (i.e., Two-Way communication system)
- Encourage employees to report any suspicious activities.
- Monitor surveillance systems for functionality and operability.
- Train and monitor security staff (i.e., security guards)
- Incident responses prepare procedures and resources to manage and communicate during security incidents.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated interpersonal, technical aptitude, and problem-solving skills.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and escalate those to the respective manager.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Proficiency with MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word, Visio, and SharePoint, and other most common applications for analysis/problem resolution
- Ability to effectively communicate requirements to vendors and manufacturers.
- Support and supervise activities outside normal business hours as needed, during nighttime and weekends
- Must be energetic, positive, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Be exposed to noisy environments.
- Travel time up to 10%.
- Support company activities 24/7.
- Attendance is mandatory
- High school diploma and at least 2 years work experience.
- Current knowledge in security systems, operation, and installation.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong experience with security systems.
- Experience with Milestone CCTV System and Lenel Access control.