By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Company growth in the US has driven the need for additional administrative support in the bi-weekly payroll process. This position will be responsible for assisting with the processing of payroll transactions, performing related analyses and tasks, and maintaining strong internal controls.
The Payroll Analyst is responsible for assisting Payroll management meet key deliverables, including timely and accurate processing of the company-wide bi-weekly payroll, and maintaining established internal controls around timecard and payroll activities.
As one of the primary payroll department contacts for our US employees, this position will be responsible for communicating with all employees and managing correspondence within the Payroll Email Box to address issues such as time coding, payroll system changes, historical timecard corrections, reviewing and approving workflow notifications from the HRIS system, calculations of manual adjustments and termination checks, record retention maintenance, and other various payroll-related activities.
This position will also need to maintain a strong and active internal relationship with key stakeholders, including Human Resources, as well as ensure effective sharing of key information and management of process interdependencies.
- Bi-weekly payroll processing for approximately 2,100 US employees
- Ensure accuracy of timesheet coding and completeness of data input by reviewing employee timecards
- Produce timely and accurate time and labor reporting to complete validation and balancing of data import into payroll system
- Ensure accuracy of all key pay inputs, including bonus runs,
- Ensure ability to reference Legacy Oracle system for audit references to ADP
- Ensure that notifications for new hires and terminations are processed timely
- Ensure employee profile changes for salaries, title changes, deductions, and earnings are validated
- Process off cycle Payroll-Stock, Relocation and NQDC payroll
- Produce termination checks/Severance Checks, calculations and support
- Maintain payroll internal controls; ensuring proper procedures, policies, and rules are applied to payroll activities
- Ensure the accuracy and timely distribution of W-2’s by demonstrating a working knowledge of relevant payroll tax rules and regulations
- Review payroll registers, including manual and void check registers, each pay period for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with the Company’s SOPs
- Manage Payroll record retention
- Manage the Payroll Email Box emails, correspond with employees professionally and effectively, monitor and clear the box daily
- Any ad hoc additional supporting duties and responsibilities as identified
- 3-4 years payroll processing experience preferably in manufacturing with experience in calculating shift differential
- Excellent organization, follow-through, initiative and aptitude payroll processing or analyst role is welcome
- Experience using significant payroll processing systems, ADP Vantage and Kronos Time and Attendance preferred
Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word is required
- High school diploma and two-year Associate of Arts (junior college) degree required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Accounting, Finance or other subject preferred; FPC desirable.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.