Scientist / Senior Scientist, Neuroscience
AcureX Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Research Associate to join a talented and dedicated team responsible for developing novel first-in-class theragnostics (linked therapeutics and diagnostic biomarkers) for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity in this exciting well-funded small start-up setting to significantly accelerate the development of new treatments for patients in need. AcureX is located at the vibrant state-of-the-art MBC BioLabs biotech incubator in San Carlos, CA.
- Execute mechanism-of-action assays to further elucidate an exciting area of novel biology.
- Execute target based in vitro cellular and biochemical assays to identify and characterize leads.
- Effectively utilize a wide range of patient-derived primary cell culture systems.
- Effectively utilize a wide range of immortalized cells and primary CNS cell culture systems.
- Analyze data and communicate findings effectively to multidisciplinary team members.
Vice President of Biology
- PhD in Neurobiology, Cell Biology, or a related field required.
- >3 years post-doctoral research experience in academia or industry required.
- Expertise with human iPSCs and iPSC-derived CNS cell types required.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and communication (oral and written) skills required.
- Experience with in vitro cell-based and biochemical assay development required.
- >3 years research experience in industry strongly preferred.
- Expertise with high-throughput cellular assay development strongly preferred.
- Experience with human PBMC culture strongly preferred.
- Experience with primary rodent CNS cell culture systems preferred.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Productive independent worker with excellent time management.