Associate Director, Bioconjugation Development
Who We Are
Bolt Biotherapeutics, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with like-minded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancers.
The Pharmaceutical Operations group at Bolt Biotherapeutics is looking for an individual to lead the bioconjugation development team to support its growing pipeline of novel immune-stimulating antibody conjugates (ISACs). In this capacity, the Head of Bioconjugation will lead a team of bioconjugation scientists to develop and characterize bioconjugation processes in support of external GMP manufacturing. This individual will also work cross-functionally as part of internal multi-disciplinary teams, as well as interfacing with external partners and CROs.
• Leading the development of bioconjugation, purification and UF/DF processes for use in first-in-human (FIH) GMP manufacturing of clinical candidates
• Defining the approach to late-stage process characterization to define critical process parameters (CPPs) and processing ranges
• Development and optimization of conjugation protocols utilizing novel chemistries and technologies
• Represent the bioconjugation development group as a member of multidisciplinary project teams
• Manage a team of bioconjugation scientists to meet project deliverables
• PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or related discipline with 10+ years of industrial experience is preferred. Qualified BS/MS candidates should have at least 15 years of industrial experience in a drug development setting
• Candidates with previous experience in the development of ADCs, including hands-on experience with the development of conjugation, purification and UF/DF processes are preferred
• Candidate should have experience with cGMP manufacturing, preferably in bioconjugation.
• Candidates with good working knowledge of analytical techniques including HIC-, SEC-, RP-HPLC and capillary electrophoresis are preferred
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively within cross-functional teams
• Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and presentation skills are
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.