Who We Are
Bolt Biotherapeutics, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with like-minded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancers.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, this energetic self-starter will serve as the Payroll Manager at Bolt Biotherapeutics. The successful candidate will handle the full payroll cycle activities. In addition, you will perform monthly and quarterly accounting close tasks such as journal entries and reconciliations, enhance the current payroll process to support a public company and assist with equity administration. This role will be very hands on as it is the sole payroll person in the company.
The Payroll Manager must always act and conduct company business in an honest, ethical manner, complying with company policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
• Prepare semi-monthly and off-cycle payrolls as needed, including recording equity related transactions (i.e., RSU, ESPP, tax related to option exercised) and expense reimbursements
• Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for all payroll related accounts including bonus and PTO accruals
• Optimize payroll functionality by identifying the pain points and streamline the process via automation, scheduled entries, and analysis reports. This includes working as a liaison with HR to understand the overall process and any downstream impact
• Enhance payroll documentation and reconciliation process
• Set up accounts and filing process for various out of state agencies to ensure the tax is reported timely and accurately
• Ensure W-2s are prepared properly on an annual basis assist with equity administration
• Support external auditor requests
• Other tasks as requested
• A positive, self-confident, and decisive work ethic with excellent communication skills in both oral and written formats, as well as excellent listening skills
• A proactive approach to attacking problems and identifying solutions, displaying initiative and perseverance to bring about meaningful change, open and responsive to new ideas
• Self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently and creatively
• Get-it-done mindset - you're able to handle stress well
• Ability to build and scale processes
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Public company experience required
• 7-10 years of payroll experience required
• Paycom, Expensify and NetSuite experience a plus
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.