Senior Director, Business Operations
Manager: Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
Department: Business Operations
Location: Brisbane or Point Richmond, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. Using its deep scientific expertise and proprietary zinc finger genome engineering technology, Sangamo is working to create genomic cures for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases for which today’s medicines can only treat symptoms. At Sangamo, we are passionate about transforming lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Reporting to and collaborating with the Chief Operations Officer, this role will play a pivotal role in driving the successful implementation of Sangamo’s Operational strategy. They will collaborate with Leadership within the Operations division, including Business Development, Corporate Communication & Investor Relations, Program Alliance, Facilities and IT. In addition, they will build divisional processes and develop relationships throughout Sangamo that support efficiency, effectiveness, and collaboration.
- Own deployment and operationalization of strategy related to the Office of Operations.
- Partner with Chief Operating Officer and the Operations Leadership Team to develop and track applicable road maps and objectives
- Monitor, track and facilitate assessment of resourcing and prioritization to ensure team can achieve key deliverables.
- Identify synergies, common approaches and creative solution to enable the Office of Operations to achieve goals with a high degree of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work with Operations Leadership Team to ensure that Sangamo’s Core Values and DEI initiatives are reflected in leadership, strategy, communications and teams.
- Advise Chief Operations Officer and serve as conduit/sounding board with the broader Operations team.
- Drive day-to-day activities
- Coordinate and manage Operations Leadership Team and Staff meetings to drive effective and efficient decision making – including establishing meeting agendas, managing meetings, capturing meeting minutes/action items and ensuring follow up.
- Oversee budgetary planning, tracking and cost management in collaboration with Operations Leadership Team.
- Oversee annual goals and objectives process, ensuring strong alignment with corporate, program, and functional goals
- Partner with COO on special projects in support of Operations initiatives.
- Coordinate assessment and reporting on Operations investment or projects.
Integrate ideas, provide innovative solutions, and develop best practices to ensure optimal support of the business.
Identify, implement, and evaluate opportunities for global alignment of US and EU division.
In partnership with HR Business Partners, identify development initiatives to optimize staff skills and to develop future leaders.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- BA or BS, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of business experience with at least 8 years of life science experience, preferably in a growing, pre-commercial company. Drug development and commercial operations experience a plus.
- Strong influencing skills, with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization to achieve collective objectives
- Experience in operationalizing a strategy and putting place activities that drive results
- Excellent communication, writing and relationship-building skills, with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Intellectual curiosity, integrity, and ability to succeed in a dynamic, global environment
- Proven ability to create, implement, and improve processes
- Strong project management and execution skills; able to manage and drive competing priorities
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment and handle changing priorities
- Reputation for integrity and dedicated work ethic with desire for ownership and product success
- Technology savvy
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
Sangamo is committed to fostering belonging for all employees and embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion in recruiting and hiring. All qualified applicants for employment are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws
Commitment to Safety
Sangamo requires all U.S. workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Sangamo, and it applies regardless of location or classification of role. If you are unable to receive the vaccine & booster, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable laws.
Note to External Recruiters: We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves.