Contracts Manager/Legal Specialist
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
Contracts Manager/Legal Specialist will be an integral part of Eikon’s growing legal team and will have responsibilities spanning multiple areas, including contract negotiation and management, working with our HR organization on employment matters, the Business Development team on transactions, supporting governance and general corporate matters, and document management and retention programs. The Corporate and Transactions Paralegal/Legal Specialist will report into the Associate General Counsel and collaborate with Eikon leadership teams and across all functions.
Work Location: Hybrid/Flexible - this role allows for remote work 1-2 days per week, depending on business needs.
You prioritize collaboration, excel working in a fast-paced environment, are result-oriented, process-driven and motivated to consistently deliver excellence in your work. Using common and good business sense with attention to detail, you will seamlessly prioritize projects and embrace this dynamic growth opportunity.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare initial drafts of standard agreements using independent judgment and the Company’s templates, including non-disclosure (confidentiality) agreements, material transfer agreements, master service agreements and related amendments, customizing agreements as needed.
- Finalize and coordinate execution of agreements.
- Prepare, edit and proof contracts, leases, licenses, insurance policies, other documents, reports and presentations.
- Support transactional attorneys in wide variety of transactions, including financings, equity investments, M&A, licensing and collaboration transactions.
- Review and create executive summaries of license agreements and milestones, communicate with licensees under the direction of leadership.
- Assist with licensing monitoring and enforcement activities as appropriate.
- Assist in the configuration of Eikon’s contract lifecycle management (CLM) system; work within the CLM system to ensure complete and accurate input of contracts, contract provisions.
- Organize and maintain physical and electronic records.
- Contribute to cross-functional or departmental projects to improve processes relating to corporate and transactional matters.
- Participate in departmental or other special projects as needed.
- Meeting planning and coordination (scheduling, preparing and circulating agendas, etc).
- Work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment with the ability to escalate issues to Eikon’s attorneys when appropriate.
- An undergraduate degree or certificate of completion from a paralegal association approved by the ABA.
- 5+ years of relevant experience; pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated abilities to communicate clearly, and collaborate effectively with leadership, scientists and colleagues.
- Demonstrated experience managing and maintaining document databases and/or contract management systems.
- Excellent project management, prioritization, multi-tasking and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently.
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.