Molecular Production Technician
At Microbiologics, we believe that "great vision without great people is irrelevant". That's why we are always looking for great people to join our dynamic, innovative company as we provide the highest quality biomaterials for a safer, healthier world.
We are currently looking to add a Molecular Production Technician to our Molecular Production team!
We hold every member of our team to a high standard of excellence – because everyone on our team makes an impact on our success and contributes to our ability to thrive in the rapidly changing environment. We are looking for a motivated person who is eager to learn and grow as a member of our team. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with manufacturing of routine molecular product line, in addition to other duties listed below, and serving as a back-up to the Molecular Production Technical Lead.
What can I expect in this role?
- Propagate, subculture and harvest microorganisms for preparation of inactivated stocks.
- Responsible for retail molecular product manufacturing as identified by the schedule.
- Understand the concept of serial dilutions and create, store, and track various dilutions during manufacture of inactivated stock seed vials.
- Work with and inform Molecular Production Technical Lead and Production Manager on the status of molecular production, effectiveness of the quality management system and assessing opportunities for improvement, the need for changes and to ensure customer satisfaction and productivity goals are consistently met.
- Follow procedures to calculate the number of materials needed to formulate the volume of the product specified in the production schedule.
- Responsible for qualifying raw materials, preparing reagents & formulation, dispensing, packaging.
- Responsible for production of OEM products that have been transferred into Molecular Production
- Load, unload, and operate lyophilizers according to company procedures.
- Perform equipment maintenance per General Maintenance Schedule when applicable.
- Write or review new department SOPs/update existing department SOPs as necessary.
- Perform and document that specified production, labeling and storage functions and activities are recorded on each DHR and comply with provisions contained within the Device Master Record (DMR).
- Perform NetSuite Operations on work orders and maintain inventory
- Perform general laboratory maintenance tasks.
- Serve as back-up for seed vial in-process testing
Who is Microbiologics?
Microbiologics is one of the fastest growing international biotechnology companies in the nation. We are the world’s leading experts and go-to collaborators in biological products and services, focused on protecting the health and safety of people around the world. For over 50 years, we have been partnering with healthcare and life science laboratories, manufacturers, and suppliers across the globe to co-create and provide biological control materials, assay services and consulting for microbiology, molecular diagnostics, and virology. Headquartered in Saint Cloud, Minnesota, we have additional facilities in California, Kentucky, and Michigan.
Our award-winning culture is friendly, collaborative, and supportive, providing endless opportunities for individuals to learn and grow, both personally and professionally. At Microbiologics, we believe that "great vision without great people is irrelevant." That's why we are always looking for great people to join our dynamic, innovative company as we provide the highest quality biomaterials for a safer, healthier world.
What can we offer you?
Glad you asked!
We have a comprehensive benefits package that includes your standard benefits such as health and dental insurance, health savings account (company funded), life insurance, short and long-term disability, and a 401k program with a generous match to name a few. In addition, we are proud to support our team and their families by offering daycare assistance, tuition reimbursement, bonus potential, a competitive compensation and benefits package, and plenty of opportunities for training and growth.
What makes you a good fit?
Our goal is finding the right individual for our team – we firmly believe that the right person is someone to invest in and invite to join our family.
Here is what we are looking for:
- High School education/AA or equivalent required.
- At least 1-year hands-on experience working in a regulated business environment.
- Knowledgeable on aseptic technique.
- Knowledgeable with formulations and basic chemistry techniques.
- Preferred- Skilled in use of micro-pipettors.
- The ability to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required upon hire.