HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) Manager will drive outstanding EHSS performance across the site in a diverse biotech/pharma environment. The role will be responsible for the implementation of key EHSS processes including:
- Trending and analysis of EHS information and provide data intelligence and actions
- Provide EHSS support for the manufacturing operations at the ATO site
- Provide subject matter expertise for several EHSS programs including IH, industrial safety, environment and sustainability
- Partner with manufacturing, facilities and/or warehouse operations to advance their safety culture and manage EHSS risks
- Provide EHSS leadership to different functional areas within the site manufacturing umbrella
- Analyze metrics and establish annual action plans to drive continuous improvement.
- Establish and implement risk assessment plans for clients to ensure all risks are addressed and control systems are implemented and maintained
- Ensure all changes with potential EHSS impact are assessed and controls are established prior to implementation
- Establish safe work procedures for hazardous work
- Conduct regular inspections of the work areas
- Monitor incident trends and assist management in conducting incident investigations to implement robust corrective actions to prevent future incidents and injuries
- Conduct regular EHSS management reviews with functional leadership
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is an individual with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Doctorate degree Or
- Masters degree and 3 years of EHSS experience within a cGMP manufacturing environment Or
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of EHSS experience within a cGMP manufacturing environment Or
- Associates degree and 10 years of EHSS experience within a cGMP manufacturing environment Or
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of EHSS experience within a cGMP manufacturing environment
- Degree in safety, industrial hygiene, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemistry, biology or other life science areas
- Applied knowledge and understanding of EHS and process safety practices, engineering principles, regulatory standards, and requirements in context of business activities
- Ability to take ownership for several projects / initiatives at one time with an emphasis on quality and organization
- Demonstrated EHSS leadership supporting manufacturing or laboratory environments. Ability to lead diverse teams and influence management
- 5 7 years of established experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry implementing industrial and safety programs
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and or Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Strong communication and presentation skills, action oriented, self-starting, program development and project management
- Strong technical writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software systems
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.