Tris Pharma, Inc. (www.trispharma.com) is a leading privately-owned biopharmaceutical company in the U.S. with a focus on development and commercialization of innovative medicines that address unmet patient needs. We have more than 150 US and International patents including applications and have marketed several branded and generic products in the U.S., have licensed our products in the US and international markets, and have a robust pipeline of innovative products spanning neuroscience and other therapeutic categories employing our proprietary science and technology.
Our science and technology make us unique, but it is our team members that set us apart; they are the engine that fuels Tris’ passion and innovation. Tris colleagues understand the criticality of operating a successful business and take pride in the company’s success. But of equal importance to each member of the team is how we interact with one another on a daily basis. We believe in each other and we believe in respectful, open and honest communications to help support individual and team success.
We have an opening in our Monmouth Junction, NJ headquarters for an experienced Metrologist.
The Metrologist works within Method Validation and Quality Control and is responsible for performing routine calibration and instrument performance verification, maintenance and repairs on highly complicated instrumentation.
• Carries out responsibilities in accordance with company policies, SOPs, and state, federal and local laws
• Performs routine calibration and instrument performance verification, maintenance and repairs on highly complicated instrumentation such as HPLC/UPLC, GC, UV-Vis, FTIR, Muffle Furnace, Viscometers, Density Meters, Melting Point, Dissolution and Autosampler, Polarimeter, etc.
• Initiates, writes and assists investigation related to instrument calibration failures or other instrument related issues
• Creates, reviews and revises SOPs related to metrology activities
• Initiates change control related to analytical instrument such as introduction and retirement etc.
• Executes analytical instrument qualification protocols and drafts qualification reports
• Contacts and obtains technical information from vendors or service providers
• Analyzes samples to evaluate instrumentation performance and troubleshoot the instrument malfunction and/or breakdown, etc.Requirements
Bachelors degree in Chemistry or related scientific field AND minimum 3 years experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry working in MV and/or QC laboratories
Special knowledge or skills needed and/or licenses or certificates required
• Experience working with FDA regulations and guidelines, current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), and SOPs REQUIRED
• Hands-on experience performing routine metrology, calibration, maintenance and/or troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation (i.e., HPLC/UPLC, GC, Dissolution Apparatus and Autosamplers, UV-Vis, Density Meter, Balances, Ovens, Viscometers, Melting Point apparatus, Refractometer, Polarimeter, Media Dispenser Ezfill, etc.) REQUIRED
• Experience with Empower REQUIRED
Tris Pharma, Inc. offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. To build and enhance our diverse workforce, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, women, LGBTQ, etc. Tris Pharma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DNI