Senior Scientist/Associate Director, Bioinformatics
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics is a growing South San Francisco-based clinical stage immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to cancer immunotherapy. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced bioinformatics leader at the Senior Scientist (up to an Associate Director) level with demonstrated experience using state of the art analytical and computational methods applied to identification of novel therapeutic targets and translational endpoints. The successful candidate will lead a small group responsible for interrogating preclinical data sets to identify novel targets, developing gene-expression signatures for immunotherapy, as well as analysis of clinical data sets derived from current Pionyr assets. The position requires knowledge of biology, immunology, oncology, and bioinformatics as applied to immuno-oncology.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Play an integral part within a cross-disciplinary, high-energy research group developing bioinformatic solutions for project teams identifying new targets for antibody-based therapeutics and to support translational development efforts for current programs.
- Lead a small team focused on bioinformatic approaches integrating wet-lab work (in vivo and in vitro) to in silico analyses.
- Leverage and apply a variety of approaches such as single cell sequencing data, (scRNAseq), RNA profiling and other gene expression data platforms to help inform current Pionyr asset MOA, identify new targets within the myeloid space, develop biomarker strategies, and assess datasets derived from current clinical trials.
- Lead the interrogation of both internal, proprietary platforms and public data sets to explore novel targets in the myeloid space as well as the examination of translational endpoints in current clinical-stage programs.
- Effectively organize and analyze results and successfully communicate and present findings in company, investor and external meetings as well as contribute to scientific publications.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of current bioinformatic methods and workflows to identify novel therapeutic targets and translational findings
- Masters or PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related field
- 5-8 years of industry experience with relevant grad/postdoc experience preferred
- A working knowledge of both Python and R, with a mastery of either or both languages for complex data analysis
- High-level experience with genomic-based and sequence-level analytics associated with RNA-seq, scRNAseq, exome-seq, ChIP-seq, construction of data processing pipelines, quality control/quality assurance analysis, gene/transcript profiling and splicing analysis
- Data visualization experience (e.g., ggplot2, shiny, etc)
- Solid knowledge in statistical methodologies
- Hands-on experience with commercial and open-source bioinformatic and NGS data analysis tools and demonstrated proficiency in Unix/Linux environments
- A working knowledge of current workflows as relates to therapeutic and biomarker development, either preclinically and/or clinically would be a plus
- Knowledge of AWS computing environment, regulatory filings, antibody-based therapeutics, and statistical hypothesis testing are strong pluses
- Ability to critically interpret and effectively present data
- Proven ability to provide leadership to technical level staff
- Strong collaboration skills working with project teams is strongly preferred.
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment. If you would like to be part of a team-based and collaborative company developing innovative immuno-oncology therapeutics, please send your resume.
Thank you for your interest in Pionyr Immunotherapeutics. We are an equal opportunity employer.