Manager, Translational Bioinformatician
Alumis Inc is a precision medicines company with the mission to transform the lives of patients with autoimmune diseases. Even with treatment innovations of the last two decades, many patients with immunologic conditions continue to suffer - our goal is to fundamentally change the outcomes for these patients.
- The bioinformatician will be responsible for the acquisition and application of large scale multi-omic datasets to support novel autoimmune therapeutic discovery and clinical development.
- Interface with key Alumis collaborators and strategic partners in data science, genomics, and bioinformatics to apply cutting edge computational tools to advance Alumis’s pipeline.
- Brings an understanding of high dimensional analytical methods for applications of ‘omic data sets to advance Alumis’s precision medicine mission for autoimmune disease.
- Develop and execute on statistical analysis plans of genomic data (to include but not limited to transcriptomic, proteomic, and genetic data) for both internal and outsourced data science projects.
- Communicate effectively and transparently across a multidisciplinary matrixed environment (e.g. biologists, medical chemists, business development, other data scientists)
- Partner with clinical operations to implement genomics in Phase 1-3 interventional trials to assess drug target engagement and disease response.
- Partner with PK/PD and clinical pharmacology to leverage genomics to inform clinical dose selection
- Partner with Alumis’s IT data engineering teams and vendors to establish a cloud based genomic data analysis and results visualization platform.
- PhD in Bioinformatics, genomics, computational biology, or related discipline or Masters with 5+ years of biotech/pharmaceutical experience
- 3+ years of postdoctoral experience in leveraging ‘omics data for drug target discovery, validation, and clinical development, ideally in an industrial/pharmaceutical setting
- Deep understanding of the application of industry standard modeling techniques to transcriptomic and proteomic-based datasets.
- Significant experience in analyzing genomic biomarkers in clinical studies is a must
- Significant experience applying computational tools for the QC, processing, alignment, and analysis of raw NGS reads.
- Proficiency in at least one high level programming language (R/python/java)
- Experience building batch workflows and pipelines in cloud based systems such as AWS and DNAnexus (e.g. Nextlfow, WDL, AWSS batch)
- Experience interfacing, managing, and building data warehouses, data lakes and databases (e.g. SQL, Athena, BigQuery)
Alumis Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received all CDC-recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.