Senior Manager, Inventory and Planning Operations
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company on a mission since 2014 to create tools that empower everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. To achieve this mission, Freenome is developing next-generation blood tests to detect cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages using our multiomics platform and machine learning techniques. Our first blood test will detect early-stage colorectal cancer and advanced adenomas.
In this newly created role on a rapidly growing Inventory Operations team, the Senior Manager of Inventory and Planning Operations will help set up and manage our inventory, logistics, and warehouse operations to support our Clinical Laboratory Operations.
- Oversee team of planning, inventory and warehouse operations employees
- Implement demand-supply planning strategy and build team to support Frenome’s operations flawlessly
- Communicate and adjust the forecast demand-supply planning with all cross-functional stakeholders
- Develop plan to maintain and update the overall ERP master data
- Develop inventory strategy to meet Freenome’s business and growth plan and drive to execution
- Lead the implementation of Inventory Management Systems in ERP Netsuite
- Responsible for all incoming, outgoing and warehouse movement of Materials at multiple locations to support company-wide operations
- Manage inventory management system conforming to standard warehouse practice (Bar Code, FIFO, re-order triggers, operations fill orders, etc.)
- Propose strategies to reduce costs and improve procedures of supply chain logistics.
- Develop and implement governance, practices, and work instructions to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of inventory/warehouse management and corporate objectives
- Develop and execute Inventory Control strategies and plan to meet regulatory requirements for quality controlled critical materials
- Develop business relationships with suppliers and clients
- Establish and analyze reports on Key Performance Metrics to improve Inventory operational health such as deliveries, shipments, RFT, scraps, product levels, short dating, etc.
- Analyze daily demand and supply plan to pre-empt future supply and inventory needs and avoid stock-out
- Communicates with inventory employees to meet business goals and address personnel issues.
- Reports on inventory levels, supply chain progress, procedural efficiency and personnel issues to upper management
- Manages the recruitment and training of new inventory employees.
- Set up BOM KItting System, Process and Procedures to ensure accuracy
- Drive continuous improvement in movement of supplies, warehouse level optimization, and kitting processes
- Identify Gaps and drive Continuous Improvement Projects(CIP) to build an effective and efficient Inventory Management System to support Clinical Lab Operations
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to set up Kanban Min/Max Bin to support their materials requirements for R&D and Clinical Operations
- Understanding of General Accounting Principles for Inventory Management and Controls FP&A
Your background, perspective and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree - Science, Supply Chain, Finance/Business or similar
- CSCP, CPIM, or related Supply Chain certification a plus
- Five+ years combined experience with Planning / Inventory / Warehouse / Logistics management and Labs operations, preferably within a FDA regulated industry such as Bio-Pharma, FMCG, Medical Devices, or Diagnostic testing labs
- Three+ years of supervisory experience
- ISO 9001/13485/cGMP/CLIA experience preferred
- Experience conducting tracking, data analysis, and forecasting strategies
- Planning / Inventory / Logistics management experience a must
- Experience using ERP system such as SAP/NetSuite for the Planning, Inventory and Warehouse Management Systems
- Process-oriented with strong analytical skills for risk identification and management
- Proficient with warehouse systems and technologies including barcoding, Kanban systems, Inventory cycle counts and reconciliation methods, and storage configurations for complex BOMs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and can confidently communicate with all levels of staff in this collaborative work environment
- Self-motivated and comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Must possess high degree of learning agility and be a change agent able to influence across all levels of the organization
- Highly organized with a relentless attention to detail
- Systems and metrics thinking, and good problem solving skills
- Relentless drive for excellence and continuous improvement
As a condition of employment, you agree to know and comply with our COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all employees who work on-site and/or attend work-related events to be fully vaccinated and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible. Company employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Absent a reasonable accommodation or legal exception, you agree to provide proof of your vaccination status and to be fully vaccinated by your first day on-site, in accordance with our policy. If you are currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you also agree to provide proof of having received a booster. If you are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you must provide proof of receiving a booster within two weeks of becoming eligible.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We have raised more than $1.1B from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital Management, Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis and the American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures.
A ‘Freenomer’ is a mission-driven employee who is fueled by the opportunity to make a positive impact on patients' lives, who thrives in a culture of respect and cross collaboration, and whose work makes a significant impact on the company and their career.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Pre-IPO equity
- Flexible PTO (exempt) and generous PTO (non-exempt)
- Comprehensive health coverage, including medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness and mental health resources, including Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401(k) plan
- $250.00 new hire stipend to enhance your home office experience
- Plus, a variety of other perks, including pre-tax commuter benefits, two paid volunteer days per year, pet insurance, and additional discounts
# # #
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
Notice to agencies:
Our in-house Talent Acquisition Team manages all employment opportunities at Freenome. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by Freenome’s Talent Acquisition team before submitting candidates to any Freenome employee.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or biographies from agencies under any circumstances. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Freenome, including those sent to a Freenome email address or directly to Freenome employees, will be considered Freenome property. Freenome will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Freenome will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Please do not contact Freenome employees directly. Compliance with this request will impact our decision to work with you.