Senior Director, Business Analytics &Insights - Forecasting
Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to redefine care for women and for men through purpose-driven science, empowering medicines, and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, highly motivated, and experienced individual for the position of Senior Director, Business Analytics & Insights – Forecasting Lead located at our Brisbane office.
The Forecasting Lead is expected to bring together our existing forecasting capabilities and establish a center of excellence for revenue forecasting. As the lead for the forecasting area of expertise, this individual will be responsible for establishing and ensuring consistent application of best practices across the organization drawing from inside and outside the industry, leading to objective forecasts supported by insight & analytics.
This role is reserved for candidates with prior experience leading analytical and/or forecasting groups, effective communication, and interpersonal skills. Those who will qualify for this position are both well versed in forecasting and analytic approaches, but also have demonstrated an ability to synthesize analyses to inform forecasting assumptions. Further, this is a highly consultative role requiring the establishment and maintenance of relationships with multiple stakeholders as a trusted advisor to ensure that business decisions are based on evidence derived from rigorous Insights.
He/she will provide leadership and strategic direction for how to best forecast and provide both strategic and operational decision-making support for senior leaders. This Lead will be an adaptable and pioneering leader who can identify and embed best-in-class forecasting techniques which lead to superior fact-based decision-making in support of Myovant’s Senior Leadership and the Therapeutic Areas’ General Managers.
This individual will be a strong collaborator, responsible for leading a team that partners with insight teams within Business Units, Market Access, Business Development, as well as with external partners to align approaches on revenue forecasts and value of incremental project forecasts, long term forecasts, life cycle management, and business development cases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Championing the use of best practice forecasting approaches and process across all phases of product life cycle
- Ensuring objectivity of brand/therapeutic area forecasts through establishing objectives aligned around forecast accuracy
- Recruiting, developing, and retaining talent
- Developing brand revenue forecasts, both short-term and long-term (and other forecasts as needed) to feed into strategic and operational planning processes
- Sensitivity analysis to assist in opportunity identification and risk management.
- Partnership with Finance to understand gross-to-nets and pricing assumptions, and with Operations to translate brand revenue forecasts into supply demand planning
- Proactive identification of portfolio and brand risks and opportunities, and strategies for how to address them to deliver business success
- Undertake strategic long-term brand and franchise forecasting and provide strategic perspective/guidance on portfolio and brand strategy, as well as new product introduction forecasting and guidance
- Develop a deep understanding of internal customers' data and analytical needs related to the forecast
- Access appropriate information via a variety of tools and sources
- Summarize and present findings through various communication channels
- Responsible for recruiting, training, managing, coaching, and developing a team of forecasters
- Capability in applying deeper technical skills and knowledge that is shared across the functional area (e.g., deep knowledge of key data sets, modeling capabilities, etc.)
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of the points of integration of our work and that of our colleagues.
- Monitors the external environment to stay up to date on leading forecasting capabilities, both within and outside of pharma, which can be applied within the organization
- Help embed and maintain a single high-performing BA&I “culture” across the team, across individual TA teams
- Independently manage budget and ensuring appropriate staffing within the CoE
- Demonstrate communication and collaboration skills with an ability to manage and influence stakeholders in a matrix environment effectively
- Exercise good judgment and make decision that is appropriate for the organization
- Results-driven, take initiative and ownership to accomplish work
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and embrace change in a dynamic, rapidly growing environment
- Strive for continuous improvement and embrace innovative ideas in daily work
- Demonstrate coaching skill to develop team
- Thought leader with track record to formulate and integrate functional strategies with corporate objectives and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- High degree of organizational awareness, ability to connect the dots to understand all the interdependency and big picture
Requirements (Education and Experience)
- Requires a minimum of 15 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree or 13 years experience with a Master's degree.
- Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Arts in finance, statistics, business, decision sciences and/or analytics; Advanced degree preferred (e.g., PhD / MBA / Masters in areas such as Statistics/Decision Sciences)
- Minimum 15+ years of relevant experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry with 10+ years of analytical experience, including experience in product forecasting. In-depth knowledge of forecasting techniques and use of different forecast models and approaches.
- Experience in building, deploying, and embedding capabilities into an organization.
- 5+ years' experience utilizing a range of analytics involving standard data in the Pharmaceutical Industry e.g., Symphony, IQVIA, epidemiological data, etc.
- Strong understanding of primary market research, advanced analytics, and competitive intelligence
- Exceptional business acumen, strategic thinking, understanding of sales and marketing business practices and experience advising senior leadership with ability to influence laterally and vertically
- Entrepreneurial mindset to impact leadership and high emotional intelligence
- High degree of creativity and innovation in developing novel approaches, processes, and methodologies
- Strong market research and analytical expertise, excellent financial modelling and forecasting skills
- Proven ability to lead teams, influence cross-functionally and manage multiple, complex demands. Previous experience managing analytical staff
- Strong written and verbal communication
The well-being and safety of our employees is our top priority. Myovant Sciences requires all U.S (United States). employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment regardless of location of role (field-based, fully remote, or site-based). Fully vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. If you are unable to be vaccinated, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable laws.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity