Manufacturing Site Operational Excellence Program Manager
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
The Manufacturing Site Operational Excellence Program Manager, is responsible for the oversight and direction of the site Operational Excellence program in consultation with senior leaders and the Senior Director, Corporate Operational Excellence. The incumbent will lead the OE team in the deployment of operational excellence tools and support the building of an operational excellence culture. The incumbent is also responsible to provide support to other OE leads and acts as a member of the OE leadership team under the Senior Director, Corporate OE.
• This position manages complex, strategic cross-functional projects, delivering operational excellence across the global organization
• Lead processes for selecting, scoping, prioritizing and executing projects to deliver business objectives and improvements
• Serves in a project management role for the application of continuous improvement methodologies
• Assist with the management and prioritization of organizational deliverables related to Lean and Continuous Improvement initiatives
• Plan and drive the execution of various transformation programs and projects targeted towards harmonizing & simplifying the business's performance
• Facilitates OE training programs, Kaizen events and other enterprise-wide OE initiatives
• Provides development and execution leadership, from start to completion, of Continuous Improvement initiatives
• Works collaboratively with functional area management to fully implement and assure sustaining mechanisms are in place
• Provide leadership / mentoring / training to all levels of the organization on the practical application of Lean Six Sigma methodologies, strategy deployment and project management/governance process
• Works with department leaders for the deployment of roadmap strategies to ensure sustainable compliance and continuous improvement processes over time
• Leads committees and teams for the design of Operational Excellence training programs
• Oversees brand and communication management of the company’s OE program
• Benchmarks industry practices and external expertise to identify future organizational opportunities
• Provide OE technical, cultural, transformation and OE change management consultation, coaching, mentoring and development to OE staff.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
• Bachelor's degree and experience in Lean fundamentals, concepts and facilitation.
• 5-7+ years of experience leading, creating and implementing Continuous Improvement or Operational Excellence programs, in large multi-function sites or in a corporate environment
• Lean or Lean Sigma Blackbelt certification or equivalent
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to facilitate a team to defined outcomes in a timely manner
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to present, influence and collaborate at leadership level
• Ability to coach and provide feedback
• Knowledge in project management with focus on ability to plan and execute
• Results oriented problem solver with a strong analytical mind set
• Ability to promote “Lean Thinking” and influence others across all facets of the organization
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.