Senior Manager, RWD Informatics
Freenome is a high growth biotech company on a mission since 2014 to create tools that empower everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. To achieve this mission, Freenome is developing next-generation blood tests to detect cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages using our multiomics platform and machine learning techniques. Our first blood test will detect early-stage colorectal cancer and advanced adenomas.
The newly-created Senior Manager, RWD Informatics role will be an early member of a cross-functional team tasked with executing Freenome’s RWD strategy.
In this role, you will build and lead a team of data engineers, data analysts, and clinical informaticists to develop, execute, and maintain the foundational research and regulatory-grade RWD management pipeline. Your multifaceted team is tasked with creating and maintaining all data management and curation aspects of RWD flowing through the pipeline.. You will synthesize your leadership skills and business acumen with your technical knowhow and domain expertise to lead the team in turning electronic health records (EHR), claims, and other RWD sources into high-quality, high-fidelity datasets trusted and used by researchers across Freenome.
These efforts will contribute to the development and deployment of a portfolio of early cancer detection products — based on both clinical and multiomic data that will enable payers, providers, and patients to catch cancers early when curative intervention is most achievable.
- Lead your team in designing, creating and maintaining the data flows, ETL code and workflows to support the entire RWD management and curation lifecycle including data ingestion, modeling, transformation, normalization, quality assurance and visualization
- Own, document and maintain all aspects of the project plan for RWD management and curation
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to gather and document the RWD curation requirements and establish consensus for the plan and scope while maintaining expectations
- Create, document and regularly report on objectives and key results for your team that align with company goals
- Actively manage, guide and support members of your team to achieve team objectives, milestones and deliverables
- Keep yourself and team up to date with current standards, guidelines and best practices for RWD management
- In collaboration with team members and cross-functional users, fully support and execute on company policies and best practices for maintaining data integrity, security and privacy
Your background, perspective, and experience:
- MS degree in medical informatics, research informatics, data management, data engineering, or related field
- At least five years of experience in the healthcare and/or biomedical data management domain
- At least three years of experience managing a team with a strong servant-leadership perspective
- Experience establishing and managing vendor relationships
- Strong project planning, management and documentation skills
- Familiarity with Agile practices, JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with healthcare interoperability and common data models and their mappings
- Proficiency with SQL
- An entrepreneurial and solutions-oriented mentality, you are comfortable building consensus and can successfully navigate a team in achieving goals
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, ability to work in a collaborative cross-functional environment
As a condition of employment, you agree to know and comply with our COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all employees who work on-site and/or attend work-related events to be fully vaccinated and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible. Company employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Absent a reasonable accommodation or legal exception, you agree to provide proof of your vaccination status and to be fully vaccinated by your first day on-site, in accordance with our policy. If you are currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you also agree to provide proof of having received a booster. If you are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you must provide proof of receiving a booster within two weeks of becoming eligible.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We have raised more than $1.1B from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital Management, Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis and the American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures.
A ‘Freenomer’ is a mission-driven employee who is fueled by the opportunity to make a positive impact on patients' lives, who thrives in a culture of respect and cross collaboration, and whose work makes a significant impact on the company and their career.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Pre-IPO equity
- Flexible PTO (exempt) and generous PTO (non-exempt)
- Comprehensive health coverage, including medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness and mental health resources, including Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401(k) plan
- $250.00 new hire stipend to enhance your home office experience
- Plus, a variety of other perks, including pre-tax commuter benefits, two paid volunteer days per year, pet insurance, and additional discounts
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
Notice to agencies:
Our in-house Talent Acquisition Team manages all employment opportunities at Freenome. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by Freenome’s Talent Acquisition team before submitting candidates to any Freenome employee.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or biographies from agencies under any circumstances. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Freenome, including those sent to a Freenome email address or directly to Freenome employees, will be considered Freenome property. Freenome will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Freenome will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Please do not contact Freenome employees directly. Compliance with this request will impact our decision to work with you.