Temp-Process Sciences Associate
Regeneron is looking to for a Process Sciences Associate – TEMP to join the Downstream Investigations Team. Regeneron successfully manufactures a range of biopharmaceuticals for patients worldwide, including our approved therapeutic proteins and those involved in clinical studies. The Downstream Investigation Team supports production in many ways, including troubleshooting processes, qualifying raw materials, investigating unexpected results, small-scale chemical stability, and innovating processes and testing with small-scale models and analysis of data from full scale processing. This Process Sciences Associate will lead and execute lab-based studies to investigate the root cause of manufacturing deviations, including various filtration and chromatography steps.
As a Process Sciences Associate - TEMP, a typical day might include the following:
- Performs analysis of manufacturing data from chromatography and other purification processes and provides recommendations for actions when necessary
- Operate AKTA AVANT and AKTA PURE chromatography systems for small scale experiments
- Preparing and packing chromatography columns for lab use
- Design experiments, procure materials required, prepare buffers, execute chromatography and/or filtration processes, collect data, prepare presentations, and present data
- Data and statistical analysis (JMP) to understand relationships and impacts to processes
- Automate processes to reduce manual operations using programming language (VBA/VB)
- Troubleshoot equipment and processes, maintain clean orderly work spaces, and ensure compliance with Regeneron systems
This role might be for you if you:
- Quickly learn to operate complex laboratory equipment in support of monoclonal antibody purification processes
- Have an understanding of chromatography purification at lab scale and manufacturing scales with ability to relate various process scales
- Prioritize lab work, reporting and documentation and adapt to constantly evolving business needs
- Have experience with technical writing
- Enjoy a dynamic environment of hands on lab activities and can work independently and with teams
- Troubleshoot in GMP environments, and engage in collaborative discussions
- Have ability to think about the bigger picture relating to job function and how it impacts our patients and Regeneron as a whole
- Are comfortable with statistical analysis, developing the ability to use simple and complex tools and modeling
To be considered for the Process Sciences Associate – TEMP position you must be willing and able to work Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm. Occasional off-shift or weekend work is needed to support experiments and troubleshooting. You must have a BS/BA in life sciences/engineering or related field; Chemical or Bio Engineering preferred. Level is determined based on qualifications relevant to the specific role.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.