Director of Process Chemistry
We are looking to hire a Director of Process Chemistry to join us in our mission to discover and develop drugs that improve human health through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are seeking outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery and development group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of programs and collaborations.
Our drug discovery and development team includes a cross-functional group of scientists and drug developers with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large-scale computational infrastructure to apply our proprietary physics-based drug design and optimization platform. Ten of the programs we’ve worked on with collaborators have progressed into preclinical development with four currently in clinical trials and one approved by the FDA.
Who will love this job:
- A highly motivated process chemist with a desire to work in a world-class development group
- An experienced manager and coordinator who can handle multiple projects
- A highly organized and skilled chemist who enjoys working with CRO partners and participate on internal cross-functional teams.
- A talented synthetic chemist with the ability to generate innovative solutions to complex chemical problems and communicate them clearly and concisely
What you’ll do:
- Develop synthetic strategies and manage all process deliverables for a given program in a cross-functional and highly collaborative environment
- Design and oversee execution of process development activities in preparation for re filings
- Contribute to and provide guidance on the drafting of technical documents to support regulatory filings
- Formulate and monitor synthetic specifications and compliance at CRO partners
What you should have:
- A PhD in organic chemistry with a minimum of ten years industrial experience and a proven record of innovative problem-solving and leadership
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.