We’re seeking a Proteomics Scientist to join our expanding mass spectrometry team. The scientist will develop and improve existing proteomics and glycoproteomics workflows to support our target identification and validation efforts. The ideal candidate will have experience in common mass spectrometry applications and pursuing more complex proteomic challenges.
- Lead sample preparation operations and contribute to refining or developing additional glycoprotein or peptide enrichment methods.
- Oversee the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of our analytical instrumentation including our nanoLC and Thermo Orbitrap Eclipse MS.
- Set up raw data processing and generate data reports.
- Act as a scientific leader to independently solve technical problems.
- Serve as source of knowledge in your area of expertise to support the growing team.
- Experience with mass spectrometry workflows such as bottom up, intact, or DIA.
- Experience with enrichment techniques for characterizing post-translationally modified proteins. Preference for experience with glycans and glycoproteins.
- Familiarity with proteomics data analysis software such as PMI-Byonic, Proteome Discoverer, etc.
- Experience running and maintaining instrumentation. Familiarity with Thermo instruments a plus.
- Experience with liquid chromatography and offline protein and/or peptide purification and fractionation.
- Organization and clear communication of your results and goals.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Proteomics or related fields.
- 3-4 years laboratory experience focused on mass spectrometry applications.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, including equity, paid time off, health coverage, and opportunities for professional growth & development. We promote personal growth and team-building by sponsoring access to the wide variety of artistic & cultural events available in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We love diverse and interesting people. We’re an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to age, disability, gender, genetic background, hair, or national origin. If you're good at what you do and are respectful of your co-workers, please