Field Applications Scientist – West
MaxCyte is a leading provider of cell-engineering platform technologies to advance innovative cell-based research, development, and commercialization of next-generation cell therapies. The company's existing customer base ranges from large biopharmaceutical companies — including 20 of the top 25 pharmaceutical companies based on 2020 global revenue — to hundreds of biotechnology companies and academic translational research centers. MaxCyte has granted 15 strategic platform licenses to commercial cell therapy developers that allow for more than 75 clinical programs. Founded in 1998, MaxCyte is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland, US.
Job Summary:The Field Applications Scientist (FAS) provides technical and troubleshooting support to customers of MaxCyte's Scalable Transfection Systems, with primary focus on cell therapy, but will work with customers in multiple application areas. The FAS partners with customers to identify and implement solutions for process improvements throughout the transfection workflow, including pre- and post-electroporation. Working closely with potential and current customers, the FAS is responsible for conducting product demonstrations, end-user training and troubleshooting, both during the evaluation phase and post-sale. This position participates in trade shows and contributes to the publication of scientific and marketing documentation related to the use and applications of MaxCyte's technology. This individual works under general supervision and requires at least 50% travel. This position primarily covers California and the Pacific Northwest, but occasional travel to the rest of the USA and beyond may be required.
• Provides technical support for MaxCyte product lines and services by answering customer technical inquiries. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email, and/or web chat.
• Conducts product demonstrations, installations and training at customer sites.
• Designs experiments, troubleshoots customer problems, develops and recommends solutions.
• Works collaboratively with the sales and marketing team to promote MaxCyte technology.
• Presents technical and product information at conferences and during customer field visits.
• Makes recommendations for future process improvements and implements those actions accordingly. Identifies new applications for the MaxCyte technology.
• Analyzes, interprets, and reviews customer data to support sales.
• Accurately records pertinent information from customer interactions and follows up to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Presents technical updates to colleagues and contributes to department meetings.
• Works collaboratively across the business to build partnerships with the marketing, technical, and sales teams to ensure high customer satisfaction.
• Sets up, troubleshoots, and repairs laboratory instruments. Performs instrument calibrations and upgrades.
• Identifies, documents and communicates new competitive activities, products or field activities / strategies to the internal scientific and marketing team.
• Performs regular literature reviews and identifies key opinion leaders in MaxCyte's major application areas.
• Complies with all applicable policies regarding health, safety and environmental policies.
• MS or PhD in bioengineering, molecular biology, biochemistry or related field and at least 3 years of experience in gene editing, cellular therapy or immunology.
• Hands-on knowledge of mammalian cell culture, with experience in primary cell genome- editing such as CRISPR/Cas9 a distinct advantage.
• Working knowledge of protein production, HTS-scale cell culture, cell-based screening assay formats and process flow would be beneficial.
• Experience in a customer facing role preferred.
• Robust trouble shooting skills.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and internal teams.
• Proactive; works under minimal supervision.
• Preference will be given to applicants who reside in the San Francisco Bay Area.
• Ability to travel 50+%
MaxCyte, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter . Please reference FAS West in the subject line.