We are currently searching for an Operations Coordinator to provide services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide administrative, procedural, and informational resource support; work with staff to coordinate program workflow.
- Work with staff on proofreading, recommending, interpreting, and/or implementing internal administrative policies and procedures.
- Act as focal point and primary initial contact for matters concerning the Office; design and coordinate systems for communications among staff to facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects and program activities.
- Prepare and route personnel packages for onboarding, transfer, promotions, terminations, including processing of credentialing packages.
- Review documentation for compliance with policy and procedures; interpret instructions for adherence to format; collect data; provide summaries for analysis and interpretation.
- Coordinate the preparation of a variety of items such as travel requests, professional service orders, requests for sponsored travel (Form 348), outside activities (Form 520), official duty memoranda, leave authorizations, training requests, individual/mass mailings, correspondence, reports, and various forms.
- Maintain SOPs, guidance documents or instructions associated with the programs and systems used in the organization.
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is prepared and that signatures, approvals, clearances are obtained for recruitment/appointment of professional, technical, and support staff, renewal/extension of appointments, reassignments, pay increases/adjustments, separation/termination, etc.
- Coordinate meetings, workshops, and courses for staff; schedule conference rooms.
- Coordinate meeting planning and logistical arrangements, including room and audiovisual reservations, WebEx, and other remote connection arrangements; prepare and transmit agendas and relevant materials; contact and communicate with participants; prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- Establish and maintain a fiscal year calendar; update shared calendars and databases; coordinate filing of office-wide reports and other activities including performance management documents, awards, committee memberships, etc.
- Research information requested and provide that information; maintain status of projects; follow up on actions through contact with office staff.
- Produce a wide range of documents; address a variety of office needs which may include word processing, information management, report preparation, publications, information gathering, communication, etc.
- Update and develop content for web sites, newsletter, and other formats of communication, and monitor for currency and accuracy of information.
- Develop, maintain, and utilize various administrative databases.
- Develop Statements of Work (SOWs), performing market research and working with program staff on administrative functions, including invoice tracking and contractor billing issues.
- Coordinate and process equipment and office supply order requests; serve as the point of contact in the administration of all maintenance contracts for office equipment.
- Organize, coordinate, and administer the administrative components of the assigned servicing area; collaborate with program officials and administrative offices.
- Collaborate with HR, supervisors, and staff on workforce development, payroll and performance issues and employee actions.
- Serve as contact on personnel issues within the Office; advise staff on appropriate appointment mechanisms and recruitment tools as applicable to meet the requirements of specific situations.
- Knowledge of NIH procurement, purchasing and administrative systems
- Expense reconciliation, project management/planning, timekeeping, fellowship program management
- Social Media, knowledge of the Federal Travel Regulation
- Meeting minutes/summary reports
- Travel planning
- Data analysis
- Project management, website content management
- Executive level support
- Meeting coordination
- Outreach Activities
- MS Office
- NIH Enterprise Directory (NED)
- Adobe Acrobat
- Building Access Systems (Kastle & Datawatch)
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.