Operational Pricing Lead - Latin America
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Operational Pricing Lead Latin America
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. We are currently searching for an Operational Pricing Lead (OPL) to join the Operational Pricing Team.
In the context of a constantly evolving pricing environment, Amgens growing emphasis on geographic expansion and acquisition/licensing as drivers of growth, and a dedication to demonstrate product value, Amgen requires an increasingly sophisticated reimbursement and pricing capability to support market access. The capabilities of the Global Pricing group, within the Global Value and Access (GV&A) function, positions Amgen for future success towards this business-critical imperative.
This position operates within a fast-paced and geographically diverse environment, and the ideal candidate will possess the ability to take initiative, problem solve, work independently and exercise appropriate business judgment.
The position supports the full portfolio (Oncology, Inflammation, Bone Health, Cardiology, Neuroscience, General Medicine, and Biosimilars) within the assigned geography using strong analytics and cross-functional data management. This individual will work closely with the Regional Value and Access Leads (RVALs) as well as the Access Strategy Leads (ASLs) to deliver price governance and product global launch sequence analysis, as well as ad hoc analytics as needed. The Pricing Manager will be responsible for capturing data form internal and external sources, analysis of data, financial model creation and generating final documentation of project results.
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. We provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and pioneering spirit that marked our early days as a biotechnology innovator. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through exciting assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities. The position will report directly to the LATAM Value and Access Director.
Ideally this person will be based in Eastern time zone.
- Deliver Price Analysis (IRP, Price Erosion, Price Premium, Situational analysis, Price Planning, Launch Sequence) to the Operational Pricing Team, providing high quality insights and recommendations. Monitor net pricing versus pricing policies
- Maintain different pricing tools / systems and actively contributes to improvement projects.
- Guide affiliates supporting annual pricing processes (e.g. budget, policy, exceptions) in collaboration with the Regional Value and Access Leads
- Approve and review all contracts that trigger price governance. Analyzes and makes recommendation on Pricing Business Cases submitted by affiliates. During this process, partners with & challenges affiliates to identify new options such as innovative contracting and other pricing / negotiation approaches.
- Ensure exception documentation is maintained and adequately supports business decisions through solid analytics
- Support affiliates in the submission of Price Certificates. Maintains price list structures and supporting documentation for government price submissions. Trains the affiliates on contract set up and implementation as well as price list structure.
- Depending on individual ability and willingness, the role can include strategic advice and planning for new launches, indication expansions, LOE preparation and participation on projects related to the broader organization.
- The candidate may be geographically located anywhere in the US but will be expected to support clients in both South American and EU time zones. As a result, work meetings tend to skew towards early morning interactions with those clients.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek has these qualifications.
Basic Qualifications:Doctorate degree
Masters degree and 2 years of Financial Audit, Finance Analysis, Sales and Marketing experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Financial Audit, Finance Analysis, Sales and Marketing experienceOr
Associates degree and 10 years of Financial Audit, Finance Analysis, Sales and Marketing experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Financial Audit, Finance Analysis, Sales and Marketing experience
- Bachelor's Degree in business or a science-based subject
- Minimum 3 years of directly related experience in Pricing, and/or Financial Audit, Finance Analysis, Sales and Marketing Effectiveness, Forecasting or Consulting with a successful track record. Prior Pricing and/or Pharma experience preferred
- Technical proficiency in Data Analysis and Forecasting, advanced use of Excel
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese, both oral and written communications
- Strong analytical skills, ability to distill complex situations into a few scenarios and shape a recommendation
- Attention to detail in all aspects of the pricing work
- Strong project management and follow-up skills, structured way of working
- Proactivity to identify upcoming issues, bring forward and implement solutions
- Ability to work optimally in a cross-functional team, including interpersonal skills to foster collaboration and succeed in a highly matrixed environment
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.